Chapter thirty-four

"How do you like it? I mean, you had good company as I see.", Magnus said. Alec nodded:" Yeah. The guy is nice." Magnus nodded: "Good to hear you have fun. How do you feel? Should we get back to our room?" Alec shook his head. Actually, getting back to his room was the thing he wanted the most right now, but seeing Magnus that happy made it impossible for him to ask him to leave. "I'm fine. Just go ahead." Magnus sat don next to him and stroke his face:" Are you sure? You look tired." He was. But Magnus should not know how bad he felt. His head hurt and he felt dizzy. "No, I'm alright.", he lied and kissed Magnus' forehead. His boyfriend left to the dancefloor and Alec was alone again. Out of nowhere, Jonathan appeared, grinning evil. "What do you want?", Alec sighed. He was really not in the mood for one more fight. "Why are you grumpy? I planned to invite you for a dance." Alec gave him an annoyed gaze:" Are you kidding me? I can barely walk, why should I dance?" Jonathan grinned:" A true dancer won't give up his dream to dance. Don't you feel the urge to dance?" Alec felt it. He really did. He would sacrifice a lot to be able to dance again. But there was nothing he could do about it. Jonathan talking about it was like salt in the wounds. "Its none of your business.", Alec replied and leant back. Jonathan came closer:" Are you sure? I mean, you could brace yourself on me and then you could dance. Have your friends offered you that?" Alec rolled his eyes:" I want nothing from you. Fuck off Jonathan." Jonathans smile faded and he came closer. He was just about to punch Alec as he heard a voice from the back:" Didn't you hear him? Fuck. Off." It was Raphael. Jonathan whirled around and Alec used his chance to kick Jonathan in the butt with his healthy leg. Jonathan screamed out and fell down to the floor. "You son of a bitch!", he squeezed through his teeth but before he could finish his line, Raphael knelt down to him and whispered in Jonathans ear. "Don't talk to him ever again. And if you do, I promise I will kick your ass so bad you won't be able to sit for the rest of your life." Jonathan seemed scared so he quickly disappeared onto the dancefloor. Raphael hurried to Alec. "You okay?" he asked. Alec nodded weakly:" Thanks, bro." Raphael just nodded:" No problem." Then he looked Alec in the face:" Alec, you look dangerously pale. Are you sure you're okay?" Alec shook his head. He wasn't. "Can you help me to my room?"" Sure." Alec struggled into a standing position. "Dude, you're shaking.", Raphael exclaimed. He was right. Alec felt dizzy and the party-flashlights made his headache increase. Besides that, his knee hurt really badly from the long standing. He was glad he had Raphael to brace himself onto. Almost an eternity later, they finally reached Alec's and Magnus' room. "Can you text Magnus that I'm in our room?", Alec asked. Raphael shrugged:" Don't you think it would be fair to tell him how you really feel." "He'll be worrying.", Alec sighed. "Alec, there is a reason for his worries. You're not feeling good at all, you're exhausted and you are injured, it's okay when people worry about you." Alec shrugged:" I'll tell him later. Thanks for bringing me here. You can go back downstairs; I think I'll just lay down in my bed and take a nap." "Alec, I won't leave you here alone, you are really close to a breakdown and I doubt you can take care of yourself right now." Alec nodded and let himself fall onto his bed. He actually was grateful Raphael stayed with him- just in case. "I'm so sorry.", Alec groaned, "You're missing all the fun." Raphael shook his head:" It's okay. And now- sleep." Alec nodded.

As Alec woke up the next morning, he wasn't alone in his room anymore. Magnus sat on his bed and was on his phone. Alec looked down onto himself and cursed-he still wore the party outfit. Luckily, someone must have taken off the bandage. He took a deep breath. He definitely had a headache. Luckily, the dizziness was gone. "Alec, are you awake?", Magnus whispered. "Yeah, I think so.", Alec groaned. "Gosh, I have never been that scared in my entire life. How do you feel?" Alec shook his head, what he regretted immediately:" What happened?", he sighed, massaging his temples. "You tell me. Yesterday, or more precisely, today, I get a call from Raphael telling be you didn't feel well and are on your room. Of course, I immediately got here and Raphael told me you fell asleep immediately." "Crap.", Alec sighed, "I ruined the party for you, didn't I?" Magnus shrugged:" No, it wasn't that fun anymore in the end. And that's not what matters. What matters is how you feel." Alec blinked:" Honestly, I feel like hell." "I am so sorry, it's all my fault.", Magnus whispered. Alec sat up in his bed:" No, its not." "I shouldn't have dragged you to that party and rather suggested you to stay home." Alec shook his head and winced:" No, it was my decision. I'll be okay." "Can I help you with something?" "Mhm.", Ale mumbled, "Can you bring me my painkillers and some water?" Magnus nodded and did how he was told. "Because of your knee?", he asked. Alec nodded. "Did you enjoy the party?", he asked. Magnus nodded. "But I don't enjoy seeing you like this. Don't you want to shower? I can help you." "No. I mean, yes, but not now. I can't stand up right now." Magnus shrugged:" Okay, in ten minutes?" "Maybe." Alec frowned:" Why are you asking?" "I don't know if I'm up to date but didn't you plan meeting Isabelle?" "God, I forgot." Alec groaned. "Should I call her and say you're not feeling well?", Magnus suggested but Alec contradicted. "She'll be worried and come here. I don't want her to see me like this. Any other ideas what to say?" Magnus shook his head:" No. She's your sister, she deserves to know the truth." Fine.", Alec shrugged, "Call her but please don't make her come here."