School Time

Cue the school music...

First day of school was the same as any other day, the only exciting part were the new faces. Already, Minato was meeting new friends. Rio was one and the entire class the other. Still, he couldn't get over the fact that Mitsuru got Elizabeth in the school and had her own surname given to Elizabeth for cover. He was thankful that Mitsuru was a friend of his. The next schedule was classic literature taught by, of course, Mr. Ekoda. Everyone, especially the SEES group still hates him from Fuuka Yamagishi's incident about her disappearance for his role on the cover up. He was given another chance by the Head of the Kirijo Group to teach, fortunately for him. He then rambles about the good old days and how the future generation is ruining the old, which was getting old in Minato's opinion (Though that's what everyone thinks as well).

Lunchtime...

Minato grabs some tofu noodles and a tray of rice and boneless pork. So much food for a single person. He then buys another tray of the same food items and brings it to a table with his friends composed of Kenji, Rio, Kazushi, Yuko, Chihiro, Hidetoshi, and the new girl, Elizabeth.  He gives her the tray of boneless pork and they started eating their lunch. "So how are you alive again bro?" Kenji asked with his mouth full of fried rice. "Yeah, we're getting curious on how you are her and not 6 feet underground." Yuko said. Minato, who finished swallowing a spoonful of food, started talking, carefully remembering the cover story Mitsuru gave him. "I wasn't actually dead. I was in a coma. I was actually declared dead by the doctor here because he said there was no hope for me. But thankfully, the Kirijo Group supported my recovery in the States." He convincingly said.

"I-I still don't get it. Why would there be a gravestone of you on the the cemetery if you weren't dead? Why would the doctor declare you dead in the first place?" The new Student Government President, Chihiro, asked. "First, I actually have no idea. Maybe because they thought I was the one they already processed for the funeral when it was somebody else. Second, misdiagnosis is possible. There are some cases where dead people wake up in a morgue or show vital signs even when declared dead." He 'explained' as best to his abilities.

Kazushi then asked, "Who's the pretty lady?" Yuko slapped him for asking, she was his girlfriend after all. Hidetoshi had the same question, "I'm curious, who is she Arisato?" Minato then introduced her to them, "Guys, this is Elizabeth *ahem* Kirijo, Mitsuru-senpai's cousin. Elizabeth, meet Kenji Tomochika, Rio Iwasaki, Yuko Nishiwaki, Kazushi Miyamoto, Hidetoshi Odagiri, and Chihiro Fushimi." He said. Elizabeth then stood up and took a bow and greeted, "Hello everyone."

"Why were you an elevator attendant in the famous Kirijo Hotel?" Rio asked. These questions just keep coming. Elizabeth thought for a second then answered, "My family thinks that working in a place you will inherit soon meant that I will have more experience so I can be truly capable of managing the establishment when I grow older." She said. Minato thought to himself, She thought of that one on the fly? Now that's impressive.

After half an hour of constant bombardment of questions, they were satisfied, much to Minato's relief. They then left the table to return the trays and hang out with other people, leaving Minato alone with Elizabeth. "That was a pretty clever cover story." Minato remarked. "Thank you Mast- I mean Minato-san." She said. "Don't call me Master, Lizzy, it sounds embarrassing." Minato said. "Lizzy?" She wondered. "Oh, sorry, that slipped out. Can I call you Lizzy though? It suits you well." He said. "You can call me whatever you wish. Besides, that does suit me perfectly. You used the Liz in my Elizabeth, I find that very clever." She said, though she didn't need to say the rest. "How's the meal?" He asked. "It was exquisite and flavorful. Despite being so simple, the spices and the meat mix so well together." She described. "I would like to request another." She requested. It's been a while since she made a request. "What's my reward?" He jokingly asked. "Without my compendium and my powers, I cannot give you a reward for my-" "I'm joking, Lizzy. Don't worry, I'll get you another one." Minato said. She gave him a smile.

Back to Class...

After the hour-long lunch break, classes resumed. The next schedule was Science taught by Ms. Ounishi. She discussed about the study of biological evolution, with emphasis on the fossil record and some transitional forms. It was rather boring for Minato but it was interesting for Elizabeth, who just learned all of this today. She was listening attentively and observing with the intent of learning, something students should possess nowadays, Minato thought.

After School...

The most awaited time of day. Minato packed his things and waited for Elizabeth to finish writing notes on her notebook. "You seem to be doing very well on your first day Lizzy." He complimented. "Thank you Minato-san. All of this new information piques my interest. I would like to learn more about your world and how it works." She said. I hope that determination of yours stays, Lizzy, he thought. They then went out of the classroom when he was met by a hug from behind. It was his cousin, Hamuko. "Hey couz! How's first day?" She asked. "Good, I guess. I was bored to death by Ekoda, as always." He said jokingly. Hamuko was now in high spirits. "Anyway, Mitsuru-senpai's said that she's gonna be organizing a dinner party tonight so we have to be there by 6." "What for?" Minato asked. "For you, silly!" She giggled. "Anyway, I'll be going ahead, I still have to buy something, see you there 'kay?" She enthusiastically said. "We'll be there." Minato replied. Hamuko then hurried off to somewhere while waving at Minato. Minato waved back.

"A dinner celebration on your honor Minato-san? That sounds delightful." Elizabeth remarked. "I wonder what savory meals will be there?" She thought. Then Minato remembered, "Hey Lizzy, do you remember that time you almost killed me because we ate 7 meals at 7 different food branches in the Iwatodai Station?" "I do recall that. You looked like you weren't feeling well after the 7th meal." She giggled. "My apologies, I didn't realize that you were already on the verge of being Ill after all that." She added. They both chuckled at the memory. "Shall we go now?" Elizabeth said. "We should." Minato agreed.

Suddenly, a voice spoke from Minato's mind...

Thou art I... And I am thou...

Thou shalt have our blessing when thou choosest to create a Persona of the World Arcana...

A bright card floats in front of Minato, The World Arcana. It turns into a bright ball of light and enters his mind.

"The World Arcana?" He said in his mind. He then looks at Elizabeth. "Minato-san, is something the matter?" "It's Nothing, Lizzy."

-----------------------------------------------------------

To those of you who have been patiently waiting for a new chapter, thank you. I am very sorry for an extremely late upload. I promise I will update again every two days. Next update will be on Saturday so stay tuned!

- Percy