Dinner Party

The Dorm...

Since it was still 5:00 PM, Minato went with Elizabeth to the Paulownia Mall to buy a couple of things for school. As Elizabeth's request, she wanted a better pen, A Jack Frost Doll (Because she left hers in the velvet room), and a portable storage, which probably means a backpack. With all the Tartarus explorations and shadow killings he had with SEES a year prior, Minato accumulated more than 900,000 Yen, an amount which teens nowadays dream and some shouldn't have because they may spend it all in one place (The Arcade for example).

As they walk around the mall, Elizabeth found a beautiful fountain pen, a velvet blue bag which mixes well with her velvet room hat, and a Jack Frost Doll which Minato burned 1,000 Yen to win. The only thing Minato bought was a new pair of headphones, with a red color to contrast his blue hair, which was worth 10,000 Yen. He then wastes no time and puts them on, playing his favorite song, Burn My Dread by Kawamura Yumi. The sound quality was better than the ones he had.

As he was listening, a certain silver haired girl approached him and wonders about the strange device on his ears, "What are those on your ears, Minato-san?" "It's called headphones Lizzy. You listen to music with them. It's like listening to the music of the Velvet Room but only you can hear the song." He then took off the headphone on his right ear, "Wanna try?" He showed it to him. Elizabeth nodded in curiosity. Minato then placed the headphone on Elizabeth's ear after he put away some hair behind her ear.

After a few seconds of listening to the song, she was already humming the tune. "You like it?" He asks. "I do. It has this sort of appeal to it that persists in your memory. I wish to listen to a few more if I may." She said. "If that's so, I'll buy you one if you like." Minato suggested. "Are you sure? You do not need to fulfill my request if you cannot do it. Especially if I can't give you a reward." She spoke in a sad tone. "That's not a problem. Besides, I have a lot of Tartarus money." Minato chuckled. He then went to the counter and bought Elizabeth a blue pair of headphones to match her blue headwear. He also bought her a small walkman filled with up to 200 (legally-bought) songs consisting of some modern songs and some opera songs (because Minato thought that she may like these kinds of songs in his time in the Velvet Room). He then gives it to Elizabeth who's face was filled with excitement. She wastes no time and puts it on. "Queen of the Night, wise choice." She smiles as she listens to it. She was even singing along the high notes which to Minato, was very impressive. "I knew you could sing, but I didn't know you could SING." She only giggled.

While Elizabeth was listening and singing along the songs in her new headphones, Minato looked the clock in his phone. He then tapped her shoulder, "Lizzy, we need to go. It's almost 6 PM!" She wasn't budging. He then took her hand and started running for station. After getting a ride, they sit down and wait till they arrive. "Keep listening to that and you may become deaf" he joked. Elizabeth took off her headphones, "Thank you Minato-san. That is all I can offer." "You're welcome Lizzy. It's the least I could do for letting me be with my friends again." He replied. She just smiles. "If I manage to get my powers back, I will certainly reward you." She said. "Again, Lizzy, there's no need." He insisted. Then, time suddenly stopped and the same card appeared in front of him.

-----------------------------------------------------------
The World Arcana: Rank 2
-

----------------------------------------------------------

Minato fell silent for a bit and looked at Elizabeth again. She was listening to the music in her headphones with both her hands on her ears. He then remembers the dates they had. One that almost killed him, another leaving his eyes wide-open with the constant flow of coins, and another full of fun in a playground. He can't help but chuckle under his breath.

Iwatodai Station...

After a few minutes of waiting, the train finally stopped. They then rushed to the Dorm and arrived at the door. Minato looked at the time, 5:59. "That was close." He sighs. He looked at Elizabeth who wasn't even tired from running. He noticed that he was still holding her hand. He lets go of her hand, "Sorry." He apologized. "It's alright. People sometimes forget about deadlines. Just like you, if I recall correctly." She giggled. Minato chuckled. He then opened the door and was greeted by a loud bang of a confetti stick. "Welcome back Minato!" Everybody shouted in unison. Everyone was there, Yukari, Junpei, Akihiko, Mitsuru, Fuuka, Ken, Koromaru, Aigis, Hamuko, even Kenji, Rio, Kazushi, Yuko, Chihiro, and Hidetoshi. There was a poster that says "Welcome Back, Minato!" Under his portrait. Now that he's looking at it, the portrait was getting embarrassing as it was the photo he had when he entered Gekkoukan High. He chuckled, "Thanks guys." He entered the dorm with Elizabeth behind him.

"Mr. Sherwood!" Mitsuru called someone from the kitchen. A young waiter came out to answer, "Yes, Miss Kirijo?" "Bring in the meal, please." She said. The waiter took a short bow, and went back inside. The waiter, accompanied by 3 other waiters, came out of the kitchen carrying trays of freshly-cooked meals ranging from Tuna to Beef. The young waiter then turned his attention to Mitsuru, "Would that be all, Miss Kirijo?" "Just prepare the next batch on my orders. Thank you Mr. Sherwood." She said. "Please, Miss Kirijo, call me Arthur." He bowed with a smile and went back in the kitchen along with his companions. Mitsuru then turned her attention to everyone, "What are you all waiting for? Commence the All-Out Attack now!" She jokingly said. Everyone started eating. They were all enjoying the food. "Akihiko-senpai! That's my Spicy Tuna!" Junpei complained as Akihiko started stealing the spicy tuna. Yukari was laughing as she took a bite from her chicken fillet almost choking at the sight of Junpei's misery.

"Hey Junpei!" Kenji calls with his left arm on Rio's shoulder, "Where's your girl?" "Oh, she says she'll be a little late so-" before he could finish that sentence, a knock on the door could be heard. "I'll get it!" Ken said as he got off his chair and ran to the door with Koromaru on his side. When he opened the door, he was greeted by a long, red haired girl with a white headband and casual clothing. "Chidori-san! You made it!" Ken enthusiastically said accompanied by a bark from Koromaru. Chidori pats both Ken and Koromaru's heads, "Sorry I was late, glad I could make it" she softly spoke. Junpei got up and ran to the door and hugged his girlfriend, "You made it!" How was the art contest?" "First prize baby!" She shouted. Junpei then showed her around and let her sit on his chair while he remained standing. Chihiro, Yuko, Yukari, and Fuuka were talking about their clubs. Aigis and Hamuko we're eating the steak fresh from Inaba, which tickled their taste buds (Even to Aigis, surprisingly). Mitsuru was talking to Hidetoshi about where the products came from, much to Hidetoshi's interest, "The steak came from Inaba?" He asked. Kazushi accidentally spilled his Oolong Tea on Kenji's lap, "Aww c'mon man!" Kenji complained which made Chidori, Junpei, Yukari, Rio, and Kazushi burst into laughter.

Another knock on the door could be heard. Minato got up and walked to the door, "Wonder who could it be?" He said. He opens the door to see Ms. Toriumi, Mamoru, and Keisuke. "Maya-san! Mamoru! Keisuke! You came!" Minato greeted. He got a hug from all of them with the last being Ms. Toriumi, "I'm glad you're alright. Call me Maya in public again and you're dead to me." She threatened which made Minato swallow a big lump. "Glad you recovered, Minato." The soon-to-be-doctor Keisuke said. "Yeah man, glad you're in high spirits now." Minato's Kendo Rival, Mamoru said. "Please, come in!" Minato let them in. This was gonna be one helluva night, Minato thought.

He then sat down the couch, eating an egg tart. Elizabeth was sitting right next to him, watching the crowd of people celebrating Minato's return. She only smiled, "The power of bonds is powerful yet I did not know that it would be this beautiful, all of them here to celebrate your return, Minato." She spoke. Minato looked at her, "This is all thanks to you Elizabeth. Thank you for releasing me from that door. Because of you, I could spend more time with my friends." He thanked her. She smiled, "You're very welcome, Minato." Then, Mitsuru called out to the kitchen, "Arthur! The second batch please!" Everyone cheered. "C'mon Lizzy, let's go grab some more food." Minato said. "I would like to give what they call snake a try." She said. "Steak, Lizzy" Minato chuckled.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, sorry I posted a little late. To compensate, I made it a little longer. Enjoy!

- Percy