The Covenant House

The Covenant House is a real company that helps homeless children and youth for a safe place

The Covenant House is a real company that helps homeless children and youth for a safe place. So if you or anyone you know doesn't have a safeplace to sleep at night. Please look for these type of companies. They are there for a reason and there is no reason to sleep or be in a dangerous place/environment.
---------------------------------------------------------

(Lina's P.O.V.)
I walked past a dumpster and grabbed my hidden backpack. I placed it onto my back and walked further to the shelter. I arrived at The Covenant House. It is a tall building, brown with the sign with the name on it. I adjusted my backpack before walking up the stairs. Opening the door and walking into the familiar warm inviting place. I walked further. "Hey Lina" one of the other stray kids, named Morgan, called out. I waved at her. I walked up to the desk to get some night supplies, like a blanket and a pillow. I thanked the person and walked to an empty bed. I placed the backpack down on the floor. I made up my bed and sat down on it. I placed the backpack on the bed and zipped it open. I grabbed my little wallet and placed the stolen money in it. What? I know I steal, but I steal from people who don't seem like they need it. The female was wearing a Rolex watch and some other expensive stuff. I rumbled around and found my collection of comic-books. I grabbed my favorite. It was one from Captain America.

 It was one from Captain America

I started to read the comic. Loud noise, like yelling was heard. I looked away from my comic and saw a crowd forming around a person. I looked at Morgan and the other strays. She shook her head and shrugged her shoulders, indicating she didn't know either. We strays or orphanes don't know a lot about the world. We know how to survive. But not who is famous and stuff. I ignored the yelling and loud noise from the volunteers and other staff workers.

"What you reading?" A male voice asked me. "A comic book about Captain America" I said without looking away from the strip. I felt the bed sunk, he probably sat down. I sighed in my head but continued to read. "Who is your favorite?" The male asked. "Can't decide. It's very close between Steve and Bucky" I said. "I like them as well" he replied. I looked at Morgan, she looked back with a face that I read as he's nice. Morgan I agree, but I wasn't one for starting a conversation with someone I don't know. Suddenly the weight was gone and I looked over my comic book as I saw the man leave. I couldn't see his face.

But I could tell he was one that love to work out

But I could tell he was one that love to work out. I waited to see if he would turn around but he didn't. A hurtfull feeling made its way into my body. Why? Well he might be the first to show general interest but then he left. Like most people do when do show some interest in you. But then they remember that their live is better and move along. I don't really care about this most of the time. But with him it actually hurt and I was actually sad that I didn't look up from my comic to meet his eyes. God, what am I selfish.