Chapter 8 (Last)

My eyes stinged because of the sunlight that radiates through the binds. When I fully opened my eyes and search out for my phone under my pillow. A tint of red shines softly in my cheeks as I read Shouyo's message. Tilting my head lightly into my side.

His brightness overcomes the sunlight itself that shines through his messages. Moving slowly to escape the grasp of the thin fabric that covers my skin. Once I succeeded in escaping my bed I march my way into the bathroom I stared at my messy hair. My slow breathing and slightly opened lips made me think of something that I shouldn't think of. Standing up and do some stretches, I made sure I'm in my best shape.

Shouyo's coming over.

I thought to myself. After the practice match we've started sending messages everyday. And this day was our official first date. After taking a bath I wore my 'usual' clothes that took me almost an hour before deciding to wear a red jacket and a white shirt with paw print in the chest part. I wear a 3/4 jeans and white sneakers. I sprayed some cologne and went downstairs.

I can't help myself from beaming an unusual smile. I am aware that I'm a bit jumpy today and my mom noticed the unusual behaviour.

"Excited over something hon?" My mom asked. I looked at her before I munch my toast and drank my milk.

"A friends coming over, I'm going now. I'll be late." I said before walking outside and saw Kuro standing at the gate of our house.

"Oho?" He said with a amused smirk. I walk pass through him but I know he'll catch up.

"You really made a huge preparation for Chibi-chan. I'm surprised." He said as he tries to get a better view of my face.

"Kuroo!" I stopped walking and he stop a few steps ahead. He looks back at me over his shoulder. His tall height was like a wall in front of my path.

"Stop annoying me." I said with a slightly annoyed tone making him face me. His smirk vanished and a serious face came over. He scratched his head with his right hand while the left was shove inside his jacket's pocket.

"What?" I asked. He sighed. I can sense he wants to say something but just can't say it. If it stays a minute longer I'll be late picking up Shouyo.

"I'll walk you to the station." He finally said without looking at me. I nod and started walking towards the station.

When we arrived, Shouyo was still not there. I can't stop fidgeting my fingers together and my foot won't stop tapping on the ground. My heart beats faster and faster as the time goes by.

"Why is he late?" I muttered. Kuro somehow heard what I've said and gave a silly laugh.

"Relax Kenma. Maybe its traffic somewhere on the way here. And please sit down?" Kuro reassured. I gave him a soft smile but I can't help but get worried. I sighed for the fifteenth time. I check my phone and send Shouyo a message. Few minutes passed and still, no reply.

"He's very late." I managed to say before tears starts to roll down on my cheeks. Kuro got alarmed and got up from his seat and wipe dry my tears.

"Kenma! I said relax. He'll be fine. Come on, be positive. Its not like something bad will happen to Chibi-chan." Kuro cupped my face with his huge hands and it squeezed my face.

"But h-he...he's not swending anwy mwessage." The words slipped from my lips and it made embarrassed by how sloppy they were.