The Unknown World chapter 3: Elizabeth Walker

Aden finished preparing for school and as he exited his home he was greeted by his best friend Zack.

“Morning Aden you didn't reply to my texts last night were you out patrolling”.

“Yea I saved this girl from a lizard man last night”.

Aden reaches into his pocket and pulls out his cell phone. He shows Zack the pictures he had snapped the previous night.

“Wow!  That thing is huge”. “You defeated it and saved a girl, your just like a superhero. I wish I had powers too”.
“Why doesn’t your ring work on me”, Zack says in a depressed tone.

As Zack scrolls through the pictures. He comes to one with a girl who has long black hair. It looks like she was crying as she laid on the ground on her knees.

“I know this girl Zack said as he stared at the picture”. Her name is Melissa. She is really beautiful and popular among the guys.

“Her, beautiful?”, Aden says with a confused face while looking at the picture to reassure himself. He collects his phone from Zack and places it into his pocket.

“Anyway, after I saved her she was so afraid I had to wipe her memories. She goes to the same school as us but she won't remember me”.

“Maybe it's for the best that she doesn't remember, but I didn't even get any reward. She was so rude she could’ve at least given me something".

“That's what it means to be a hero Aden, you shouldn't need a reward for saving people”. “Yea,Yea I know”.

             Kyosaka High School

Aden and Zack arrive at the school gate. There is a crowd of about 12 boys and a couple of girls gathered in the school yard.

“Theirs a lot of people gathered out here” says Aden.

“It’s probably Elizabeth Walker”, says Zack.

The two continue walking around the crowd.

“Since Elizabeth has transferred here last month she always attracts a lot of attention”,

At the end of the crowd they catch a glimpse of Elizabeth Walker, her lovely dark blue hair which ended at her lower back blew from side to side in the wind mesmerising all the students. Elizabeth had this mysterious, high class vibe about her so she was difficult to approach.

The other students only admired her from afar. The few guys that mustered the courage to confess to her got turned down on the spot.

“She’s the most beautiful girl at our school”, says Zack also mesmerized as he stares at her.

“Yea she sure is”, Aden replies in a low tone his eyes glued to Elizabeth.

“She's not just a pretty face. She's athletic and as brilliant as she is beautiful. It wouldn’t be a stretch to call her the perfect woman. We are so lucky she's in class”.

“She's exactly my type”, Aden says with his eyes still glued to Elizabeth. “If I confessed I would probably be turned down on the spot”.

“Of course you would. Between you being obsessed with the supernatural and all the rumours going around theirs no way you stand a chance with a girl like that”.