The Unknown World: The world he knew nothing of

Uriel and Aden arrive at the entrance of a quiet subway station with flickering lights and begin descending it's cold, slightly moist steps.

As they come to the bottom of the steps they see a man who appeared to be homeless lying on a cardboard bed. His hair was unkept and his clothes were torn. He just stared at them while they walked past.

Uriel hopped onto the train tracks and Aden followed close behind.

“Are you sure your going the right way. You really mean to tell me your home is in a subway station”.

“Just keep walking”, Uriel snaps with an annoyed voice.

This guy really doesn’t seem to like me but the feeling is mutual ,Aden thinks to himself while looking at Uriel carrying Elizabeth.

A minute passes before the silence is broken and the sound  of something approaching is heard. With every passing second the sound grows louder and Aden soon sees a light in the distance as he turns around to looks behind him.

“Uriel I think a train is coming. What do we do”? As Aden turns to look at Uriel who was standing just ahead of him. He notices that there was no one there. Both Uriel and Elizabeth had disappeared.

“I see how it’s going to be. This guy definitely hates me”.

“If you think this is going to stop me your wrong”.

As the train rapidly approaches Aden, he compresses the muscles in his legs and starts running directly towards the train ignoring the pain in his stomach.

Aden times his jump perfectly and jumps onto the top of the oncoming train. Upon landing on the train the pain in his stomach intensifies and he fall rolling several times from his momentum.

Aden yells out in pain and quickly gets back to his feet. He then proceeds to run along the top of the train until he reaches the end. Aden uses the same momentum from running to do a power slide off of the train. Once again he rolls several times and comes to a stop on the train tracks. His body filled with pain.

Uriel who was in a corner of the train tracks observed everything amazed at what he had seen.

“ I have to admit this kid is unpredictable. Most people in danger of being hit by something usually run away from it not towards it”.

“I was going to save him after he had run scared for a little while but it seems he didn’t need my help”.

Uriel calls out to Aden from a small passage in the wall where he could still see Aden.

“Hey kid don’t make me wait all day hurry it up”.

As soon as I get strong enough I'm going to murder him, Aden thinks to himself slowly rising to his feet.

He follows Uriel to the small passage in the wall. At the end of the passage was a red symbol that Aden had never seen before.

“This symbol is what links the Human world to Haven where we live”, Uriel began to explain.

“By pouring enough aura into it  a portal will be revealed. There are several portals to Haven created around the world but only those with control over their aura is able to use these portals. If an ordinary human were to touch it nothing would happen”.

Uriel places his hand on the symbol and it begins emitting a glow before the passage was lit up by bright light which forced its way through the portal.

“Let’s go Uriel said as he walked through the portal with Elizabeth”.

Aden stepped through the portal a couple seconds later shielding his eyes from the light.

As his eyes adjusted he could not believe what he was seeing. The sun was high in the sky but it looked way smaller and gave less light than the sun he knew. 
All manner of creatures were seen soaring in the sky such as Griffins, Wyverns, Dragons, Pterodactyls, and other strange looking creatures which Aden could not identify.

Looking at the sky closely he noticed to the left of him that light of the sun ended in the distant sky and there was nothing but darkness that stretch out where the sun did not reach. It was almost as if the sky was divided into different parts. Looking to his right the sky was filled with dark clouds and rain poured furiously out of them. Just like the sky towards Aden’s left it seem that the sky to his right was also divided. Where the sun had ended the rain begun.