the call

(A/N) the picture is my design for cam, also please ignore the to-draw list hfsjsskks i forgot to crop it out 

////

The engine started with a roar. Cam jumped in the car and started driving back to the woods. I have to go back, she thought. I need to see it again, to make sure that it was real. She stopped at the same tree stump as before and grabbed her camera.

...

It was another new morning for Cameron Rogers, just an ordinary day of writing for her blog. She awoke at 10:00 AM to the sound of her alarm; an irritating way to start the day. Cam silenced the alarm and sat up. She rolled her neck to hear a soft crunch. I really should out more effort into fixing my posture, or I'll have arthritis by the time I reach 30, she thought as she stood up from her bed, preparing for her daily morning routine. Cam walked to the bathroom to brush her hair and teeth. She walked to the kitchen to pour herself a bowl of Coco Pops and prepare her morning coffee.

Nothing interesting was going on; same soup, just reheated.

She sat down at her desk and checked her feed. Nothing new here, just a couple of suspicious looking advertisements, she thought to herself. Cam took a sip of her coffee and thought about her obsolete life. She thought about getting a real job, one that would occupy her and keep her busy. Even something as dull as delivering newspapers would be a nice change, and she would get paid for it. She was doing all right living off of her mother, but she felt bad about it.

Just as she started typing, the phone rang. Cam ran to grab it before picking it up and answering. "Hello?" Cam breathed, almost whispering. She barely spoke aloud, even to herself, so she never noticed how quiet her voice was until she was already speaking. 

"Hey, Cam. How've you been?" a familiar voice spoke. It was Cam's good friend, Piper. Cam replied,

"I'm good, just trying to come up with something to write about. You?"

"My day's been alright so far. I'm going on a walk to the park, care to join me?"

"Oh, well, sure. A breath of fresh air sounds nice. I'll see you soon."

"Okay, see you there. Goodbye, Cam."

"Bye, Piper." The phone hung up.