see you space cam

As they neared the park, preparing to say goodnight and go their separate ways, Piper brought up a movie that had been released earlier that year. "Hey, Cam."

"Yeah?" she said.

"Have you seen that movie yet? Space Jam, I believe it's called." Piper inquired.

"No, but I plan on it."

"You really should. Danny DeVito's in it."

"Hey, no spoilers!"

Cam playfully elbowed Piper in the side, causing her to laugh. They giggled like little girls at a sleepover, their joyful laughter echoing throughout the barren roads. When they reached the park, they said goodbye to each other and walked off.

"Goodnight, Piper. I'll see you later, alligator."

"See you, space Cam."

Although slightly disappointed that she didn't reply with "In a while, crocodile", Cam held onto the nickname like a warm blanket. She checked the time on her cellular phone. It was about midnight, meaning she still had time to write on her blog before going to bed. She rushed home, ignoring the dirty snow on the ground, if you could even call the substance "snow." She could have easily slipped, but thankfully, she did not, and instead she made her way home safely.

When she entered her home, she closed the door behind her and kicked off her shoes (or rather, she untied her shoes and then carefully removed them because she was wearing sneakers.) She took off her coat and sat down to listen to the audio recording. She hit play, and in a crispy voice, the machine said:

"If there is anyone here with us, please speak up"

...

Her own voice was followed by about thirty seconds of silence, with the occasional gust of wind or the hoot of an owl. Some of the noises sounded like they perhaps could have been voices, but Cam ignored them. She was no longer hunting for ghosts. The voice recording ended with a click.

Cam put the recorder back into her bag and prepared for bed, changing into her pajamas and fixing herself some sustenance for the night. She sat down at her computer desk and pondered. Those noises... she thought, No animal could mimic something like that. For it to produce those noises, it would need to actually have a machine embedded into its body. But robots haven't gotten that complex yet; they can't walk or roam freely in the nearby woods. Unless it's partly technical and mostly organic, but that would be ridiculous... right?

The tired blogger paused her thoughts and booted up her computer. She connected it to the internet so that she could begin typing. The sound produced by the computer at this moment was an awful, buzzing sound, but as someone who used the internet as a hobby, Cam was used to it. Once it was done, Cam waited for the site to load up and began tapping away at her keyboard.

DEC 04 97

Today, I went to the Wimpstone woods in Warwickshire with a close friend of mine. As some of you may know, I live in Warwickshire. I had heard rumours before that the woods were haunted, but I never examined the spot until now. When we went into the woods, many things happened that would lead me to believe that the area is inhabited by not ghosts, but a cryptid.

I heard a stick break and grass moving, when both of us were still. Ghosts are made of energy, so it is very difficult for them to manifest themselves in a physical form or affect their environment. I felt like something was behind me, and when I turned around, it ran off. For just a second, I got a look at the creature.

From what I remember, and I might just be imagining all this, but it could be described as a bipedal creature with thin, yellow fur all over its body, except for the face. I didn't get a very good look at the body, but it appeared to by almost my height. It had a curled horn, like a ram's, on its head. There was only one horn, and it was not in the middle of the top of its head, leading me to believe that it once had two horns, but its right horn broke off. Although I could have just imagined this part, I feel I should mention that afterwards, I could hear static noises, like the ones that come out of your television.

That's all I have for tonight. Thanks for reading.

This is Bumblebear_48, signing off.

Cam sat up in her chair and straightened her back. She read it one more time to check for spelling errors, before clicking post. She took her now empty dish to the sink and washed it while she waited for the post to go up. When it was done, she logged out of the website and turned off her computer. The now very tired young lady went to the bathroom to brush her teeth. Walking to her room afterwards, she heard something that sounded like her television was acting up.

She went downstairs to check on it; she didn't remember even turning it on. When she looked at it, it seemed fine. It was still turned off, and the screen was pitch black. Cam sighed. I swear, my mind is playing tricks on me. Too many noises out there, it's driving me nuts. She walked back up the stairs and into her bedroom. She closed the closet door, and slipped under the blankets. "Goodnight, little telly-cryptid." She said jokingly, before pulling the chain on her lamp, turning out the lights and filling the room with darkness.

Just as she was getting cozy in bed, Cam heard a tap on the window. She looked over, startled, to see nothing.

That night, Cam had trouble sleeping. She couldn't keep her mind off of the possibility of part organic, part technical beasts living near her home. The thought terrified and fascinated her. It was one night that the girl did not sleep.