cam tries to find self fulfillment and epic fails

What was that? It sounded like...

 Why am I out here? Where's the car? Where's the car? Where's the car? Where's th—

 Cam jumped awake, her body trembling. What was that all about?  she thought to herself. She wanted to lie back down and rest her eyes. It was too early for this. Yet, she knew that if she went back to sleep, the nightmare could resume, and that's the last thing she wanted. 

 Cam sat up, tugged the light on next to her bed, and squinted at her messy sheets. She wanted to scream, but she didn't have enough energy for it. Besides, her neighbors wouldn't like that. She rolled out of bed, sat on the floor for a bit, and checked the time on her digital clock, on top of her drawer. It was roughly 6:00, meaning she had only slept for five hours. 

Hm. That can't be good, she thought to herself. Oh well, sucks for me.

 She looked in the mirror. Her bangs were pushed up, exposing her forehead. Cam vainly attempted to brush them back into place with her fingers, knowing that they had probably been stuck in that position all night and would not be adjusted. She sighed, pressing them down to her forehead. I like my hair fluffy, but this totally sucks. They'll probably return to normal at some point. 

 Cam staggered over to the bathroom to brush her teeth. She thought about what Piper had said last night. We aren't... like that, are we? I mean, I know I'm into girls, but I don't have a thing for Piper, right? 

 Cam was wrong. Cam did have a thing for Piper. But she didn't want to admit it,  because she didn't understand love or relationships at all. For someone who felt a lot of emotions, she sure didn't understand a lot of them. 

Feeling a bit less tired now, Cam walked downstairs to eat breakfast. She decided she was going to attempt actually cooking for once. I have this extra time from waking up from a nightmare, so I'm gonna use it properly. She remembered her mum teaching her to make scrambled eggs when she was 10. It was a simple dish; Cam felt she could remember the steps:

 Wash the eggs. Crack them and put them in a small bowl or container, and add salt, maybe even a little milk to make them soft and light, if you're feeling fancy (which Cam wasn't.) Whisk them together with a fork until they are mostly the same color. Turn on the stove and put the pan on the stove. Pour the eggs into the pan and wait until they start sticking to the edges of the pan. Use a spatula to scrape them off and into the center of the pan when this starts happening. Try to flip the pan. Action failed. The eggs didn't even move. Add salt? Yeah, that seems right. Flip the eggs by picking them up with the spatula and turning them over. Wait until they're probably cooked. You don't have to scrape the edges anymore because it's mostly solid now. Pick 'em up with the spatula and put them on a plate. Enjoy your eggs. 

 Cam tasted a bite of the eggs using the same fork she whisked them with. Sort of bland. She put a little more salt on them. They tasted a bit better now. She ate the rest of the eggs and put the dishes in the sink. She had still only eaten a little bit, but it was better than cereal, and she was also a little proud of herself for making eggs. She tried not to let it get to her head, but then she remembered that she can't control that yet. You need to be at least level 25 to perform that action. 

Cam put on a coat and some shoes to check the mail. Nothing to see here, just a family of spiders. They've settled down and found a stable home. Good for them. She went back indoors to check her computer. No new messages. Cam felt prompted to do something, anything. But she couldn't think of what to do.

 The vacant blogger sat down and turned on the television to watch the news. This sucks, man. There's nothing interesting going on in town, she thought. She would change it to cartoons, but she felt like she needed to do something productive. She could call her mom, but what would they talk about? Her being unemployed? She wanted to talk to her more often, but she didn't know what to say to her.

 Cam looked at her watch on her cellphone. It was 7:00 now. The sun was starting to rise. She decided to sketch what the creature she saw last night could have been.

 She opened the notebook labeled My Cryptid Notes, and turned to the next empty page. She jotted down a few bullet points about where she was when she saw it and about the static she heard afterwards. She also included her television mishap from the previous night, thinking it could be related. Cam then began to doodle. A fuzzy, round body standing on two legs. Hairless face, and little to no snout, like a monkey. A single curled horn on the left side of its head. She tried to remember her dream, in which she saw the creature again. Big lamb ears, and the nose of a rabbit. Round eyes reflecting the light of the flashlight. Opposable thumbs. Childlike demeanor. The line between reality and her imagination blurred as she tried to make sense of the static noises. A television embedded within its torso. Flickering, tweaking, white noise. On and off, the rustling. Cam stepped back and looked at the drawing. She wrote a nickname for the creature at the top of the page:

Telly-tubby.

//////////////////////////

(A/N: i imagine after this chapter cam IMMEDIATELY passes out for 3 hours and wakes up at 11, then once she's stable again she eats lunch or something. i'm ending the chapter here for a cheap timeskip so i don't have to make a fool of myself writing out the rest of cam's day, in which basically nothing happens)