a walk in the park

(A/N) heres piper's ref so you have an idea of what she looks like, the pose is really stiff but you're just gonna have to ignore that. just like how you're gonna have to ignore the doodle of cam hunched over in her desk, and that little clown

"Bye, Piper." The phone hung up. Cam hurried to her room to get dressed. She chose a purple sweater and a pair of blue jeans, with her usual tennis shoes. She grabbed her backpack and coat and left the room, before locking her house and leaving.

Cam headed towards the park, hoping that she would meet up with Piper there, since they hadn't established in the call where they were going to meet, or where they were to go from there. Only that they were going on a walk, together, and involving the park. She saw Piper on a nearby park bench and started to head towards her. She greeted her, saying, "Hi, Piper."

 "'Ello, Cam." Piper responded. Under her coat, she wore a blue flannel and worn out denim jeans, as well as a pair of black boots. Her coarse, frizzy, black hair was down, keeping the sides of her face warm. 

"So, where are we going?" Cam asked, struggling not to stumble on her words, despite her having known Piper for years and being very comfortable around her. 

Piper replied, "I figured we could just take a stroll around the neighborhood, maybe even go down near the woods." 

"You mean... Wimpstone Woods? The one near the valley?" Cam inquired, a bit surprised. Wimpstone Woods was just by an abandoned farm, and many people feared the area because of urban legends about "strange little spirits" lurking in the valleys and the woods nearby. Many people dismissed such rumors as irrational fear, saying that they probably just saw some fog or something and mistook it for a bunch of ghosts. Cam wasn't afraid of them, but she always liked to believe that something was going on over there. 

"Yeah, that's where we're going. I always wanted to check that place out, and although I doubt there's really anything there, it would probably give you something to write about on your blog." Piper answered, before asking her own question: "So, are you up for it?" 

Cam paused for a moment before responding. "Yes. Let's go."