Chapter 1

-Lauren's P.O.V-

*Alarm Rings*

I turned off my alarm and sat up on my bed looking at the floor. One week left before summer. At least I have Emma there. It would be worse if I was alone.

I wouldn't say I was popular but I wasn't unpopular either. I am just as comfortable talking to the 'nerds' as I would be to the cheerleaders and jocks.

I stood up and looked in my closet to find my outfit for school today. I decided on Nike sweatpants, light black and white t-shirt and a Black and White Nike Air Max Trainers.

I straightened my hair and put on a small bit of make-up. It's was warm in New York at the moment so I didn't need a coat to complete the look.

I headed downstairs to be greeted by my mom and little brother, Nathan. He has just turned eight years old. My father doesn't live with us because he left when Mom fell pregnant with Nathan. He told us he was going to the store but he must have gotten lost because he never came back. He couldn't even face us so he sent his assistant to collect his things.

"Hey Mom. Did you get me my breakfast?" I asked when i got to the last step, knowing what the answer would be.

"Get it yourself. I'm not your slave." She answered light-heartedly.

"But you get his." I jokingly moaned pointing at Nathan who was eating his cereal while watching SpongeBob.

"Look at what age he is. Then look at yours."

"Still." I replied not thinking of a good comeback to say.

I walked over to the fruit bowl in the kitchen and grabbed a banana. I filled up the kettle and pressed the button for it to start boiling. As it was boiling I chopped up the banana and buttered two pieces of bread. I put the chopped pieces of banana into the bread and cut it in half. I made my self a cup of tea and sat down to eat my breakfast.

Whike eating my breakfast, Mom and I spoke about random things. At first she started lecturing me about school and keeping up my grades. She told me not to mess around even if it is my last week until summer.

After I finished my breakfast and our conversation, I grabbed my bag and made my way to school.

Since it is close by I can walk which is nice when its not winter. When it's winter I wrap up in like twenty layers.

After my twenty minute walk with my headphones in my ears listening to the likes of Justin Bieber, Ed Sheeran, Tori Kelly and Madison Beer, I reached the school. I made my way to my locker. I opened my locker and started getting my books for thr first three subjects.

"Hey Lauren." My friend Emma greeted me while leaning against the lockers beside me.

"Hi. Summer soon!" I replied overexcitedly.

"I literally can't wait." She answered me."I got news for you" She added.

"Are the teachers not in?" I joked while putting the books into my bag and closing it up.

"No." She said shaking her head.

"What then?" I asked pouting in  disappointment.

"I met some new people last week and they asked me to go cinema." Emma informed me.

"Cool." I replied blankly.

"You're coming too! You Muppet." She quickly interrupted me.

"Yay! I can't wait to go cinema with people I don't know apart from you" I said sarcastically.

"You're coming even if I have to drag you." She joked light-heartedly.

"Yes sir." I reached my hand up to my head and saluted her jokingly.

The bell rang before she could answer. I'm not really into meeting new people. I don't mind talking to the people in school because you are forced to be in an environment so you may as well make the most of it and make friends instead of enemies.

I snapped out of my train of thought and made my way to English class.
------------------------------------------
School was finally finished. At least the only homework I got was to revise To Kill A Mockingbird but that wasn't that bad since its one of my favourite books.

I walk in the door to find Mom cooking Mac and Cheese. The smell could nearly make you go weak. While I ate my dinner I scrolled on Twitter.

I washed the dishes and headed upstairs to start my homework.

I laid on my stomach on my bed reading the book. While reading the book I kept checking twitter to see what was happening.

After what seemed a couple more hours i finally became tired and tucked myself into bed.

I began wondering who Emma met and we were going to the cinema with. It never really occurred to me to ask. I hope it wasn't some overconfident, snobby people because that would really irritate me and I dont know it I could stand that.

Slowly I drifted off to sleep with these thoughts in my mind.

A/N
Sorry if its short. Its my first fanfiction.

Thanks for reading!:)