♥01♥ Darkness burns, Sunlight stings

Kise couldn't breathe properly. The more he waited for Rie, the more he couldn't breathe. If anything happened to her, he wouldn't be able to live his life the way again. He can't lose her, he can't! Rie has always been by his side, through thick and thin! To lose her would be no different than losing a part of himself. 

"Riecchi...!" He prayed for her. He prayed for her return and that she would come out of the operation room and be on her way back to full recovery. He doesn't want to lose her... 

"Kise!" Kasamatsu ran to Kise, Moriyama and Kobori followed behind.

"Ahh..." 

Kise and Rie went to the same University as Kasamatsu, Moriyama, and Kobori. The senpai-kouhai relationship continued even after Kaijou. 

"Kasamatsu-sen-" Kise couldn't finish the sentence because Kasamatsu punched him in the face. He was going to hit him again if it weren't for the taller Kobori holding him back. Kise looked up at Kasamatsu with a confused expression. That confused expression agitated Kasamatsu even more because Kise was unaware of everything. For many years, Kise have been clueless to everything...

"You idiot!" 

"Kasamatsu, calm down!" Kobori tried to calm Kasamatsu down but the steel blue eyed boy was not having it. 

"Kise, come here..." 

Kise followed Moriyama. Moriyama took Kise further away from Kasamatsu and Kobori. When Kise left, Kasamatsu broke down and roared in anger. He was so angry that he had no way to express it but shout it out. 

"Kise, you know why Rie-chan rejected Kasamatsu, right?" 

"No..." 

"Rie-chan rejected Kasamatsu because of you..." 

"M-me?" 

"..." Moriyama was not joking. He was deadly serious about this. 

"What does this have to do with-" 

"Kasamatsu have been trying his hardest to get her from you. This is the fear he had seen coming..." 

18 year old Kasamatsu Yukio couldn't believe what he was hearing from her. 

"Rie... Are you sure?" 

"I am sure." 

"But-!" 

"Kasamatsu-senpai, I appreciate your feelings for me. It makes me happy that you see me that way."

"You won't give me a chance?" 

"If I give you a chance, I would only hurt you. My heart is not with you." Rie bowed her head in an apologetic way to Kasamatsu Yukio. 

"Geez... I plucked up the courage too... Is Kise that important to you?" 

"He is." He can see the certainty in her chocolate colored eyes. She's really in love with her childhood friend. 

"Even if he hurts you and doesn't see you?" 

"... It doesn't matter." 

"You hesitated." 

"Things will be alright after a good night sleep." 

"Rie, I don't want you to get hurt. Are you sure?" Kasamatsu walked over to her and hugged her. He can smell the sweet scent of wild flowers from her hair. "Will you let me take you from him?"