♥02♥ The world is not beautiful, neither kind

"Riecchi..." There's nothing Kise can do for Rie. Was it too late for him to do anything at all? He can't go and visit her anymore because Kasamatsu was always by her side and he wouldn't let Kise anywhere near her. What does Eri plan to do now that she has Rie's body? 

"I'm home..." Kise returned to the shared apartment. The apartment felt very lonely for the first time in forever. 

Kise would usually smell the smell of homecooking and a cheerful voice that would reply back 'Welcome back, Ryouta' to his 'I'm home'. Kise missed it. He wouldn't usually miss it but now that he knew he lost it, he came to miss it. 

Back at the hospital, Moriyama and Kobori went home first because it was getting late. Kasamatsu wanted to stay until visiting hours were over because he wanted to stay with Rie. He was happy to be alone with her, he was happy that she wanted to be alone with him. 

"Kasamatsu-senpai, can I hold your hand?" 

"S-sure..." Kasamatsu wasn't sure what was going on with her today but he's not disliking it one bit. Has she finally opened her eyes for him?

Kasamatsu allowed her to hold his hand. Her hand was a little cold so he held her hand with both of his hands, warming her up. 

"Kasamatsu-senpai, why do you love me?" 

"Eh? Wh-what's with the questions all of a sudden?!" 

"I just want to know why... It doesn't waste your time at all?" 

"It doesn't matter whether it looks like a waste of time in another person's eyes." Kasamatsu said to her, "As long as the feelings don't die, the love wouldn't shatter." 

"..." Eri slowly formed a smile. It's a genuine and kind smile with warmth inside. 

"Th-that said, why are you asking me-" Kasamatsu watched her lean towards him and capture his lips in a slow kiss. Kasamatsu's eyes widened. The more she kissed her, the more unsure he was. He put a hand on her shoulder and pushed her back a little. "R-Rie?" 

"Senpai..." 

"R-Rie... Wha..." 

"I-I'm sorry..." 

"Wh-why are you apologizing? Are you okay? Do you want me to get the doctor?" 

"No... It's just..." Eri started, "The moment I thought I was going to die, I thought about you. I thought about the times we shared flashing through my eyes." 

"R-really?" 

"Your kindness, the way your eyes meets with my own, the warmth of your hands, your smiles, your sadness, I saw it all..." 

"..." Kasamatsu was blushing. He doesn't know what's gotten in her today but she was making his heart beat so much. 

"Senpai..." Eri kissed him again. This time, Kasamatsu kissed her back...

Back with Kise, he couldn't sleep at all. Tossing and turning doesn't help one bit at all. Knowing that Rie was not Rie was killing him inside. 

"Riecchi..." He got out of his bed and walked into Rie's bedroom. Her bedroom was full of chocobo plushies. 

"Riecchi, you sure are childish..." 

"What is your problem? Get off my backside." Rie lightly punched his arm, laughing as she hugged a chocobo doll. "So cute~! Hug it, Ryouta." 

"Childish things aren't my thing, Riecchi." 

"Hmph."

"They all look the same..."