Distraction

"Elena."

The brunette heard him say, as she opened the door. Fear was shining in her eyes.

"Elijah..."

"I don't mean to intrude. I was hoping you might accompany me. I want to show you something."

➖➖➖

"Well, well, well. There's our girl!"

Kol moved in front of his sister, as she tried to get past him.

"Get out of my way, Kol."

Rebekah growled, but that didn't stop his teasing.

"Out all night. What a scandal! I trust you did better than that commoner. Matt, was it?"

"If you don't shut your mouth, the next thing to come out of it, will be your teeth."

She warned seriously. Klaus, who was sketching on the couch, grinned at their bickering.

"Don't start, Nik."

"I didn't say anything."

Klaus replied, while still smiling.

"I'm bored."

Kol announced, as he threw himself on the cauch.

"Our sister is a strumpet. But at least, she's having fun. I need entertainment."

Rebekah walked out of the room and Kol smirked at Klaus.

"What are you waiting for? Go on. Have at it."

The hybrid replied, obviously in no mood for Kol's type of fun.

"It's not fun to go alone. Join me, Nik. It's the least you can do after sticking a dagger in my heart."

With reminding Klaus of dagger, Kol won this argument.

"Okay. Why not? I haven't nearly enough to drink last night, while you were trying to murder Rebekah's date."

They walked out of the house and heard Rebekah yelling.

"Yes, please go! This house has enough men rolling around in it!"

Kol smirked before replying.

"Just like you, Bekah!"

•••
"Elijah, I should probably go home..."

"I admire you, Elena. You remind me of qualities I valued, long before my mother turned us."

He ignored her.

"It's not in your nature to be deceitful, an yet, when I asked about your meeting with my mother the other night, you lied to my face."

Guilt was consuming Elena.

"It's not true. I told you, that all your mother ever wanted was a new start-"

The Original cut her off.

"I can hear you heartbeat. It jumps when you're being dishonest. You lied to me at the ball, you're lying to me now. Tell me. The truth."

He looked her straight in the eyes and saw that guilt and fear were mixing on her face.

"I never wanted this to happen."

"What, Elena?"

The vampire in the suit asked roughly.

"We were told that whatever was going to be in that coffin was gonna kill Klaus. When we found out it was your mother... We didn't know what to think."