Chapter Two

SONG: Stay With Me -Sam Smith ; PLAY IT NOW!! :)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Savannah

"Preston." I shoot up from my bed, but imediately lose balance and hit the bed again. Blinking away a large wave of dizziness, I rise again, eyes alert, searching for Preston. I carefully scan the room, and that's when I see him. He's clapsed on the floor, his limbs carelessly stretched out. His body would look completely lifeless, if not for the barely visible rise and fall of his chest. His eyes are staring blankly, emotionlessly, into mine. For a moment, I'm too shocked to move. But then I find myself moving, speaking, without control.

"Preston! Oh god, Preston!" I shake him anxiously. "Please, Preston. Wake up." I'm crying now. I continue to shake him.

"Preston, please-oh-please, you can't be dead! I-I love you! Come back to me! Forget Lachlan, my heart is only for you, please snap out of it!" I am gasping for breath now, from sobbing too much. I suck in the remaining breath in my lungs, and flick Preston's forehead.

"Wake up! C'mon, don't play around, Preston! Stop the prank, it's not funny!" I whisper, feeling weaker by the minute. I see a single tear roll down his cheek, and impossibly, I find myself sobbing even more. Nurses and doctors rush in, and begin picking up Preston.

"No!" I shriek. "No! Don't take him away from me!" I'm screaming violently now, unable to control my emotions. Firm hands grip my arms, and drag me away. Rob.

"Stop it!" I beg, struggling with all the strength left in me. But it's not enough. Blinded by my own watery tears, I see a blur of people, and a body on a stretcher. Preston. Being taken away from me. People seperating us.

"Why?" I choke quietly, hardly able to breathe.

"Savannah?" Rob asks, shakily. "A-are you okay?" I'm about to answer 'no', when a rush of nausea attacks me, clawing at my sudden numbness of emotion. My vision grows hazy, and everything darkens.

...

Preston

I awake to a rough shaking, but can't open my eyes. They're already open? I try to look around, but my eyes won't move. And then I see her-the only love of my life, Savannah. Alive. Tears pour from her puffy, red, but beautiful eyes. Why?

"Preston, please-oh-please, you can't be dead! I-I love you! Come back to me! Forget Lachlan, my heart is only for you, please snap out of it!" she admits. Love? I-I love you too! With all my heart! But she can't hear me. Her crying continues, and I find it torture to be unable to do anything but watch her sob.

"Wake up! C'mon, don't play around, Preston! Stop the prank, it's not funny!" I can't handle this... My body allows a single tear, full of my emotions, to roll down my cheek. Nurses and doctors rush to my side, and begin to put me on a stretcher. Savannah screams, and Rob drags her away. She struggles, but is obviously weak from all the tears. Savannah, I love you. I'm sorry I ever doubted you. I'm sorry all this happened. I wish we were still in your house, happily living our normal lives. It's my fault-for leaving. I wish...

"I'm sorry..." finally escapes my pitiful lips. I watch Savannah faint, and my heart wrenches. I am about to force more words of apology from my mouth, but the door slams shut, leaving Savannah and I seperated once again. It wasn't supposed to end like this, I think to myself, as I'm laid on a hospital bed. Unable to keep my eyes open anymore, I reluctantly let them fall shut. Savannah. My mind whispers, as I'm consumed by a dark oblivion.