Chapter 11

The view from up above was so beautiful as I imagined it to be. We flew over  the entire Virginia Beach skyline. I look down at the city that is now my home. I see all of the tall buildings, the cars and the buses, the water, I can even see the people walking. I really feel on top of the world.

I turn my head to look at Amarillo as he turns his head to look at me. We gazed into each other eyes, neither of us is incapable of saying a word.

He puts his hand on top of my hand which rests on the seat that separates us from each other. He averts his back up to mine and smile, I smile back.

He leans in closer to me and the inside of my body is turning inside out as my mind wonder with questions such as "Is he going in for the first kiss?" "Why is he doing it?" "Does he look at me as a one-night stand material instead of girlfriend material?" "Is he not the kind of person that I thought he was?" I words started to come out of my mouth he lifts his hand to wipe the tear from my eyes.

"Oh. I thought you were-"

"Going in for the kiss?" he finishes my sentence.

"Yeah." I chuckle.

"Nope." my expression on my face dulled and he notices.

"...At least not yet." he smiles and my smile reappears.

"We're approaching our first destination." the dark-skinned slim male pilot says.

"Our first destination?" I ask.

"Yes. I love to go big or go home when it comes to first dates. First impressions are everything you know?" I nod my head in agreement.

"Okay. Are you ready to jump?" my eyes widened.

"Jump? Are you serious?" I panic.

"I'm kidding.... sort of." he jokes.

I gasp.

"It's totally easy and safe miss. I promise." The pilot assures.

"All you to do is climb down to your wonderful location." The pilot smiles.

"Climb down?" I ask. My face sweety. My palms are sweaty.

"Yes." The pilot says as he points his eyes to the ladder that's hanging from the side of the helicopter.

"Hey. Don't worry. I'll be right behind you." he makes me feel a little better.

I take a deep breath and out. Although I still wasn't ready to climb down this ladder that's dangling a couple of feet in the air, I still went on and did it. Like Amarillo promised he was right behind me.

We are standing on the front stairs of this fancy restaurant called 'Top Golf.' It was so nice. How did I even get to this point? Amarillo and I walk hand-in-hand into the restaurant. I thought the outside was something, the inside is even more beautiful.

I look around at everyone else in suits, dresses, and cute little jumpers, I start to feel like I'm underdressed.

"Can we go to a different restaurant, please?" I whisper to him.

Worry fills his eyes as he says,

"What why you don't like this one?"

"No. No. No. I love this one, I just feel like we-well I look underdressed."

"Girl, there's a lot of beautiful women in here I'm sure but the only one I see and the only one I'm looking at is you." I smile so hard that my jaws could fall off. He gives me this feeling that I've never felt before. I'm happy, but I'm scared to because we aren't even together yet and we both seem as if we're crazy about each other.

"Now, let's go to our reserved table on the roof." he guides the way and I smile. I admire his muscles as they're piercing through his shirt.