Chapter 22

I'm really growing impatient while waiting for Naomi and my nurse to walk back through that door. They've been gone for a long time now, I hope everything is okay. She seemed to be infuriated when she left the room. Gosh. I desire nothing more than to take her pain away. Someone as beautiful as her shouldn't have to deal with all the pain I know she's feeling inside from everything that she has been through with...

My thoughts are interrupted by Naomi's presence entering the room. I still can't believe her aunt is my nurse. This world really is smaller than what it seems.

Her eyes meet mine.

"Hey." She smiles and I couldn't help but plaster a big Kool-Aid smile on my face.

"How are you doing?" I smile.

"Better. And You?"

"Better... Now that you're here." she's now smiling ear to ear. Yes, I made that possible right there.

"Ugh. Get a room you two!" Corbin laughs.

"We already have one you all are intriguing." I joke. Laughter escapes everyone's lips except my stepfather who has his nose twisted up. I know he wants to say something. So, I'm just waiting patiently for a word or phrase to escape from his mouth and I'm treating his racist prick ass.

"Naomi may I ask you a question." My stepfather gains Naomi's attention. Instead of speaking she just shakes her head yes.

"Is Charisma really your name?" She sighs deeply and tries her hardest not to glare at my stepfather.

"Wow. Some dicks never grow." Natasha snaps, Kayleigh and nearly chokes on her own spit.

"Mom?!" Kayleigh's shocked at the unexpected word choice from her mother.

"What?" Natasha waves her arms out on the side of her as she walks towards my dick of a stepfather. "The bitch had it coming!" she snaps.

"What?" Brady chuckles as he grins. "Am I not allowed to ask a simple question?" He waves his arms out in front of him.

"No. You aren't." Natasha yells. "Not when it's personal and doesn't concern you. Stay in your place."

"Well, I would but you're taking up all the space Bertha." Brady snaps back and my mother quickly smacks him upside his head.

Yeah. He is most definitely about to get his ass kicked, and not just by my mother, by this entire room.

"Woah. Now, you need to chill for I beat your scrawny ass!" Kameron approaches Brady aggressively he has a clear path until my nurse, Nurse Michaels, steps in front of Kameron and puts her hand on his chest; struggling to push him back while he's pushing her forward.

This hospital room just went up in flames in only a few seconds. Brady deserves this ass whooping that's slowly approaching him, and I'm not going to stop it. Why would I? I've wanted to beat his ass so many times but I didn't out of respect for my mother.

Well, at least I wasn't going to stop this madness until I look over at Naomi. She's standing there with her arms folded across her chest, her pupils dilated and wide, her nostrils flared. Her entire face gives off sadness and anger.

"Stop. Y'all please?" I say quietly but not loud enough, obviously because they're still going at it.

I take a deep breath in and out, building up the energy needed in order to stop this mess.

"Stop! Stop! Stop! Stop! Stop!" I yell and silence follows as everyone turns to look at me. Finally!

"Dude. What the hell is your problem?" I turn to ask Brady who stands there with this smug look on his face.

"Me asking a question because I'm genuinely curious is a crime?" he asks. "Wow, gee I didn't know. My fault." he apologizes sarcastically.

"I can't. I can't." Ms. Natasha runs her hands on her temples in a circular motion. "I'll be out in the waiting area before I have to put my hands on someone." she points towards Brady before exiting the room followed by Kameron glaring at Brady up and down, head to toe.

Kayleigh pulls Naomi into a quick hug, pull back and says, "I have to go check on my parents."

"Of course." Naomi's understand.

Corbin looks at me and nods his head towards the door, letting me know that he'll be out there. I nod my head back in return letting him know that I understand.

"Are you out too?" I ask Marty. Marty hates being in or around drama.

"You know it." Marty chucks up the deuces as he also exits the room.

Now, it's just Naomi, Brady, my mom, my nurse, Corrine, and Casey left in the room.

We all just stand around looking at one another with nothing to say.

"So, Charisma are you going to answer my question? Or not?" Brady breaks the ice.

I really don't want her to because her past is none of his God damn business, telling him the truth or a lie is her choice. I'm really trying to figure out why does it even matters to him. What are his intentions here?

I know the truth. So, hearing this will not tear me down like I know he's hoping it would.

You only know the truth that she wants you too, my subconscious adds it's two cents like usual.

"Charisma was my name but I changed it to Naomi." She answers.

"Why?" He's asking too many questions.

"Because it just didn't fit me anymore."

"It didn't fit you? Why is that?"

"Because it just didn't!" Naomi raises her voice a little, anger and irritation shown clear as day on her face.

"You want to know what I think?" He grins.

"No. I don't care what you think." Her eyes focused on the floor.

"I think that Charisma is the name that was given to you as a cover-up to hide who you really are." He smugs. "You're a double agent."

Double Agent? Ha! He's kidding me, right?

Naomi opens her mouth to speak but before she's able to get out her words...

'Bam! Bam! Bam!' the sound of gunshots are going off in the distance. Screams are being heard in the distance.

HELP! I NEED SOME HELP OUT HERE! MULTIPLE PATIENTS ARE DOWN! an officer barks out.

(Hey. I am sorry for not posting for the last past few of days, they have been busy, from birthday parties to personal things to my brother's Graduation. Next chapter, I promise we are out of the hospital. I love you guys and appreciate you all more than words can explain. Vote and Comment please!!)