Chapter Six-Mollerd Chimes-Night One

Nell is prevented by her family members to go to Hill House because of her fragile state, early on in 'The Haunting', 1963; paranormal phenomena and cursed ghost children terrify Nell, in the MEDIA section to the right.

Warning: The scene is rated PG for mild horror, supernatural themes, adult themes. You must be 13 years and over to see it.

Part III

1953

"Mollerd Chimes Castle was, and always was, death. Death is such a powerful word. It evokes the sense in one's psyche of a discordant shivering that is followed by a tremulous outrage that such forces would prevent you from searching the place alone. I entered the house knowing that I had had a key; I had had a sense of disassociative apoplectic nervousness, I could feel my heart thud. I calmed down after a period of minutes, before everying returned to normal".

***

I felt it before it felt me!

It was a sense of...

...Well, no words could explain it.

***

My feet stood on a red colored rug.

I noticed the staircase; I noticed the framed paintings of Sir Charles and his family; I noticed  the mahogany Dining Table in the spacious other room; I noticed the chandelier. I stopped short of saying 'Phantom of the Opera'; stopped remembering the French gothic horror romance book, (and movies), as a symbol of High Art; I stopped seeing everything...because I saw something so horrible that I was forgetting what my purpose coming here at all...thanks to a a female voice. "Me meet again, John".

And I saw Marie Franklin, my ex-wife, staring at me...along with five other paranormal experts who grinned at the look of terror on my face.

***

"You look ghastly".

"Yes, faded memories".

"Like us?".

"No, of the house; of the rooms".

"The atmosphere is very thick; the coldness of the Castle is dis...". Then we heard the thudding of the doors; then we heard the banging of the kitchen; then we heard...

...And that was when a blackness filled the hallway...and we screamed with horror.

Page 7.