Me?

Four years later

Hans stood at the edge of the ballroom. Honestly he didn't even want to be here. No one had even considered talking to Prince Hans anymore than eating sand.

So instead he was stuck at the refreshment table at balls, filling the empty void that had been there at every ball for four years with chocolate.

Anna said she loved chocolate. He remembered absentmindedly, reaching for another small piece blindly.

His hand bumped into someone else's.

"I'm so sorry-" He started, then stopped when he saw who he had bumped.

"No I am sorry." Queen Elsa, she wore a modest ice gown, without a train, for the occasion. A delicate circlet of ice was her only crown. "I should have looked. So are you a cousin of the Princes or one of them, honestly I can't tell, they all look alike!"

Hans was surprised at her talkativeness. Elsa had been shy and reserved when he had left Arendale four years ago, and this version of her seemed more like her sister, Anna. "I am one of the Princes, Queen Elsa." How do I steer this away from awkwardness? "You may remember me - from a few years ago. I-I'm Prince Hans."

"Oh." Suddenly she was back as he remembered, cool, collected, and reserved.

He stood there, awkwardly, trying to think of something to say. "I'm surprised to see you... here." The words sounded really lame, but they were the best he could come up with at such small notice.

"I noticed. I am here to - well, see if I could find someone suitable to marry." She blushed.

"To marry?" He echoed.

"Yes, I've gotten a little lonely, with Anna so busy with her little darling and with her second on the way, and Olaf busy helping either her or Kristoff..." She trailed off, looking unsure why she was telling him all this.

"So you came to the Southern Isles?" Hans was very confused. "You do know that I can't miss a single ball held in my homeland, don't you?"

"Well..." She looked down at her hands. "Actually I didn't."

For some reason he felt like he had just ruined her night.

"I'm truly sorry." He said again. Unsure wether or not he was apologizing for what had happened four years ago, or for bumping her hand.

"For what?" She made eye contact.

"For everything." Hans decided that he meant the apology for what had happened in Arendale. "Trying to kill you, lying, I guess that when An-your sister, left me in charge it got to my head. I wasn't thinking straight." Hans glanced at Hranden to make sure his slip hadn't been noticed.

"Why didn't you say her name?" Elsa asked.

"It's part of my punishment. I'm not supposed to talk about what happened four years ago unless directly asked."

"Really?" She looked surprised. "Along with the fact that you have to attend every ball-" She smiled as Hans filled in the other punishments.

He smiled back nervously.

"Could you show me around?" Her question startled him.

"Umm..." Again he glanced at Hranden.

Hranden nodded.

"I can." Hans brightened slightly, suddenly seeing her without guilt for the first time. "What do you want me to show you first?"

"Point out your brothers and cousins, with brief introductions." She moved closer.