When Opportunity Knocks

One Year And A Few Months Later...

Central City

"Hi. Can I get two iced coffees, three cappuccinos, and two coffees." I said as I stood at the counter placing an order. Finally getting a chance to order after about thirty minutes of waiting. The lady looked at me warily as she typed in the order. "Also, could you add a hot chocolate to that?" I asked giving her a friendly smile.

"Are you sure that is going to be enough for you ma'am? You don't want to throw a few doughnuts in that order?" The lady asked me sarcastically.

I just gave her a look and said, "No, I'm good for now." The lady told me my order and told me to wait as my number will be called soon.  Also, it might take a little while. Okay, the drinks are not for me their for my fellow reports at the Central City Picture News. Well, not really fellow reporter more like there the reporter and I'm just the assistant that gets coffee. No, actually more like the slave that gets coffee.  Dad constantly nagged me about not wanting to go to law school. He wanted me take over his law firm when he retired since he had no other children to do it. But, I just could not see myself doing that for a living I wanted to take some risk and see the world and be a writer. I guess that what lead me to journalism, but so far I have not wrote a news story since college which dad also nags me about.

As I waited for a few minutes I looked to see on the news that Superman was spotted in Africa stopping a terrorist group along with him causing a few innocent deaths. I had a hard time believing that the man that saved not just my life, but everyone else's life a murder. I stopped reading the article when I heard my name called. I put my phone in my pocket and made my way to the counter I grabbed the drinks being careful not to spill them all as I made my way out the door.

......

"I got the ice coffee you wanted Simon." I said as I approached his desk. He mumbled a thank you not even looking at me just kept working. 'What no thank you?' I roll my eyes and slammed the cup of coffee on the table catching the full attention of Simon. I just smile and say, "Your Welcome" and make my way over to my 'desk' (more like small table) and sat my stuff down. I then pulled out my laptop and began reading the same article I had read earlier in my phone. As I read I saw a video discussing the incident. 

"Should someone like him should have that much power?"  One the guys on the video asked. "Superman just became judge-"

"Mia, Mr. Smith wants you in his office." Iris said getting my attention away from my laptop.

"Wait, what?"

Iris rolled her eyes. "Seriously, Mia you have to stop drooling over this guy." Iris said sitting on the edge of my small desk.

"I do not drool over him." Iris just gave me a look that said 'stop lying'. "Okay, okay. Maybe I do drool over him. Only because I admire the heroism in him."

Iris snickered. "More like the sexiness of him. Speaking of sexiness. The other sexy man in your life has texted you." Iris said looking down toward the phone on my desk. I my heart skipped a beat a little when I saw a text from my long term friend. Bruce Wayne. I had a crush on Bruce Wayne ever since I was in middle school. Although it was off again and on again at some points.

I looked at the text that told me that he was coming to Central City soon to visit and have a meeting with my dad. I couldn't help the smile that had spread on my face at the text message. I can't wait to see his handsome face again that wonderful smile.

'Hello. Hello. Earth to Mia." I looked to see Iris waving her hand in front of my face.

"Huh, what did you say?"