Aftermath (Revised)

Smallville, Kansas

Many Hours Later...

Mia's POV

Beautiful stars twinkled in the sky as my gaze searched for any sign of a red cape.

The night was quiet and peaceful, just what I needed so I could think. Ever since Clark left I have been feeling nothing but stress and worry. I could barely stay in the house as my mind kept drifting off to Clark. I needed fresh air.

Standing from the old white rocking chair, I moved to stand on the edge of the porch leaning against the wooden railing.

I wish for everything Clark had not left, but I knew the world needed him. There was nothing I could do to stop him. I mean what if he can't defeat this monster like doomsday? What if Bruce and his team fail? What would happen to the world, mankind? What if I never see any of them again?

My heart raced in my chest as panic began to rise in me. Even tears started to form in my eyes at the worst thought of losing him again. I don't think I can do it. I can't go through more heartache.

"You okay, honey?" I turned to see Miss Kent standing at the entrance of the door with two coffee mugs in hand.

I gave her a small smile wiping the few tears I shed. "...Yes...I'm fine."

Martha looked at me for a moment and nodded. "Here I made you some hot tea." She said, handing me a mug. I thanked her before taking a sip of my warm drink, giving me a good feeling inside.

"I'm worried about him too, you know," Martha spoke looking across the field. "I constantly worry about him...Since the moment Jonathan and I found him I worried. I often wonder if he will ever make it or survive in this world, but he constantly shows me otherwise." Martha turned toward me with a small smile. "Clark is a powerful being, Mia....A being that has a good heart and cares about the wellbeing of others. Someone like that is constantly wanting to help out and do the right thing. No matter the cost."

"I know...It's just been hours and....nothing from him yet." I sighed.

Martha rested her hand on mine. "He'll be okay."

Suddenly a noise was heard in the distance catching Martha and I's attention.

"What was that?" I asked, looking around the cornfield.

"Up there," Martha said, pointing toward the sky to the approaching object. "Could it be, Clark?"

"I don't know...Is that a jet?" I asked, surprised to see a large jet heading our way.

Martha and I stood there in shock as the jet landed in the middle of the yard in front of the Kent home.

Moments later the engine silenced and the door soon opened revealing three people. Diana, Bruce, and Clark. All three of them walked out of the jet.

I couldn't help the huge smile that spread across my face seeing all three of them. Suddenly, Martha and I both quickly made our way down the steps to greet them.

"Clark!" I said, wrapping my arms around him. "Your back," I said against his neck.

Clark hugged me back and smiled. "I told you I was going to be okay."

"I know...I just was worried."

Clark gave me a reassuring smile. "You don't have to worry. I'm here now."