8 | Further Hatred

"What is she doing here?!"

Ali was still reeling from the question that Seonghwa had just asked her, and had heard no one enter the room.

His stare was etched into her mind as she turned away from him, and she focused on the person who had just entered the room. Seonghwa's mother.

"Who allowed her to enter?" His mother became almost hysterical, and she shouted at the doctor, who appeared helpless. "Get her out of here!"

Ali swallowed the lump in her throat and cast one last look at Seonghwa before wheeling herself out of the room. The door shut behind her, leaving behind her hope and happiness.

Now it was all shattered and unable to be fixed again.

"Hmm-mm." Someone cleared their throat and Ali lifted her head to meet the eyes of Seonghwa's father.

His angered expression matched his wife's, and he yelled at the injured girl, "you have the nerve to show your face in front of our son after what you've done!"

"What I have done?" Ali repeated the last part of his words and questioned what he meant by that.

The accident wasn't her fault; someone had tampered with the car and someone had hit them from behind. What did any of that have to do with her?

She was a victim, too.

"I've warned you time and time again to stay away from Seonghwa, and now see what happened. My son lost his memories. And his injuries may never heal."

"He lost his memories," Ali spoke lowly to herself and it made sense why he would ask her who she was. "I'm sorry, sir, but none of this was my fault. The car was..." She started to explain, but he cut her off.

"No, if you didn't make my son go out that night, he wouldn't have gotten into an accident." Seonghwa's father's face was now bright red, and a vein stuck out on his forehead. Ali could almost see steam coming out of his ears. "This is your fault, no one else's. I'm telling you again, stay away from Seonghwa!"

And he left without saying another word.