Chapter 24: Blood, Bombs, Battle at First Light

Murphy lets out a sigh and sends a pointed look to Rory

Murphy lets out a sigh and sends a pointed look to Rory. "Go after him."

Rory snaps out of her daze and tears her eyes from the door that the older Blake just stormed through, not liking the ultimatum she'd just given him. Instead of staying to talk things through, he chose to leave and Rory is absolutely, completely ok with that. Well, actually, she isn't. She just doesn't want to admit it to herself that him leaving made her heart hurt.

"I'm not leaving you in here alone." She tells Murphy.

"Aurora Taylor Montgomery," Murphy says, pushing himself to his feet and slowly walking over to his best friend, "get the hell out of this ship."

Rory starts to protest yet again. Yes, a large part of her genuinely doesn't want to leave Murphy alone in camp out of fear of what the other delinquents may do to him, but, an equally large part of her is just using Murphy's safety as an excuse to not go out there and confront Bellamy. Murphy knows this, Clarke does too.

"I'll stay with him." Clarke says, stepping forward. "Look, I'm not going to kill him. Right now we need him so, I'll stay and make sure no one tries anything. I promise I'll keep him safe."

Seeing Rory freeze, Murphy takes another slow step and pushes her towards the door. "Go." He tells her, and finally she listens. She always does.

- - - -

Rory hears him before she sees him. Bellamy is stood in the middle of camp, shouting orders at the gunners and other delinquents. No one can walk past him unscathed, every single one of them is at risk of being on the receiving end of his anger. She lets out a sigh as she watches some of the youngest delinquents cower away from him and scarper as soon as he looks their way, and makes her way over to him.

"What do you want?" Bellamy asks as soon as he feels Rory hovering over his shoulder.

"I want you to stop shouting at everyone in camp and start shouting at me." Rory tells him. She takes a step forward and folds her arms over her chest. "You're mad."

Bellamy rolls his eyes and turns to face her. "I'm not mad."

"Yes you are. You're mad that I brought Murphy back into camp and you're mad I'm on his side not yours. Well, I'm sorry you're not the only person on Earth I'd die for, but you need to get over it." She says, not even realising what she's just admitted.

"Well the feeling is mutual." He mutters back, just as oblivious as Rory. He folds his arms and raises his voice to a normal level. "Why are you even out here? Shouldn't you be with Murphy?"

"You really think I wanted to leave him alone knowing you and Clarke are willing to shoot him?" Rory asks, raising her eyebrows and jutting her chin out. She doesn't get any kind of response from him, not even one of anger or annoyance, so she lets out a sigh and unfolds her arms. "If he could have, he would've pushed me out that ship. Told me to go after you even after you held a loaded rifle at him because he cares about me."