Strawberry blonde

"Hurry up Dylan were late for school!" I scream at him.
"And that's a bad thing how?"
"Just shut up and let's go!"
We rush out the door and sprint down the street. Thank God our school is only two blocks away.
We arrive at school with 2 minutes to spare.We take the time to catch our breaths and wipe the sweat off our face.
"So did you finish the English essay?" I say while panting.
"Wait their was an English essay!" He exclaims frantically. "Crap! Man you know I forget things. Why didn't you remind me?"
"Sorry bro. I finished mine early and didn't give it another thought after that."
I felt sorry for Dylan. That essay was worth half of our grade. If he failed that then it will take him a lot of hard work and dedication to make it up. Two things Dylan is not good at.
"How about this. We will write your essay at lunch. Or at least attempt to."
"Sounds good to me."
The bell rings through out the hallways.
"Alright see you later." I tell him while walking away. Which was a bad idea.
As I step backwards I knock a girl over right on her butt, knocking all of her books out of her hands and onto the floor. I drop my books at the same time and they mix together.
"Oh my gosh are you okay?!" I panic.
"Yeah I 'm fine,but my books aren't. They're mixed in with yours." She says.
We're now both scrambling for our books because we have 1 minute left.
"Is this yours?" I ask her, handing over a book I've never seen before.
"Yeah." She takes it from my hand.
1 minute later we finally got all of our books sorted but the bell rang and my class is half way across the school. We start to sprint side by side. Why am I doing so much running this morning? I look over at her. She has Strawberry blond hair and green eyes. The perfect combination to knock a guy off his feet. I wonder where she's going though? We seem to be heading the same direction.
Focus I think to myself. I have to make it to class. I can't risk getting another tardy even though it's bound to be one.
1 minute later we finally make it to class. Wait... She's in my class!? How have I never noticed her?
The teacher stops both of us at the door.
"Passes?"
"Funny story" I start off saying. "We don't have one."
Then both of you will have to go down to the office and grab one."
"Thank you Mrs.Manson for informing us." I say through gritted teeth.
"Well lets go then" Strawberry blonde says. And we start to walk.
"I'm sorry, that was completely my fault. I should've known not to walk backwards in a crowded hallway. I'm an idiot like that."
"Don't bring yourself down like that. It's not gonna get you anywhere."
Wow gorgeous and a sweetheart.
"Anyways I should probably introduce myself." I hold out my hand."Levi Michelson."
"Charlotte Connors. Nice to meet you." She smiles.
We shake hands. Wow her hands are so soft.
"So what grade are you in?" I say attempting to create small talk and avoid awkward silence.
"I'm a Sophmore. You?"
"Same."
"Wait then how come I've never seen you in my math class." She asks with her smooth and silky voice.
"I'm the kid in the back of class. That's probably why you never see me."
"Makes sense. Well we're here."
"We are, aren't we?" I stupidly ask.
"That's what I just said wasn't it?"
"Yeah sorry that was my stupidity possessing my soul for a quick second."
She lets out a soft chuckle. Man, even her laugh is adorable.
  We grab our "tardy" passes from the office worker.
"We should get back to class before Mrs.Manson starts to hate us more."
"Yeah."
We were silent the rest of the walk but, surprisingly it wasn't awkward. I would steal glances once in a while and sometimes her emerald eyes would even meet mine. My heart is beating 1000 miles an hour now. I don't want this walk to end I think to myself as we are approaching the door.
"I hope to see you around sometime." She says.
Me being the awkward guy I am ended up just nodding my head. But my heart is saying "me too."