Chapter Seventy-Five My People, My Responsibility

Maps- Nightcore

Felix throws the man down onto his knees in front of everyone. In front of Aiden. I had my arm around Felix's waist because he was still helping me stand. We had been searching for him for hours and it even started raining but that didn't make us stop. It just made us wet and tired. Felix and I both breathed heavily as Aiden looked between the man and me. He didn't know what to think and I didn't blame him. I don't think he's figured it out yet so someone has to tell him. I have to tell him. I take a deep breath to calm my rapidly beating heart.

     "This is him." I say. "This is the guy that- that tried to kill me." Aiden realizes and he looks down at the man. He was gagged and his arms were tied behind his back. He didn't look at anyone he just stared at the ground as he should.

      "What should I do?" Aiden asks looking up to me.

    "Whatever you want." I say. "It was your brother he killed. It's your right to do whatever you want." Aiden nods and looks down at the man one last time.

     "I want him in lock up. No food. No drinks. Nothing." I nod and stand up straight.

     "Do as he said. Take him away." Men come and grab him taking the man away. He fought and tried to yell something at us but none of us could understand it. I look to Aiden to see him staring. I wondered if he's grieved yet. He needs to let it all go, he can't hold on to that pain. That's what I did and it turned me into something if shouldn't have.

     "Is that what you've been doing all this time?" He asks and I hesitate score glancing to Felix. Yes, and other things. I shake my head and look back to Aiden.

     "Well for a couple hours I laid in the middle of the road and stared at the sky." I say. "That was right after everything happened. Then he found me. Cleaned me up and we've been searching ever since. It'd only been about three hours maybe." I look to Felix for confirmation and he nods.

     "That sounds about right." Felix says and I nod again. Aiden looks down and I wondered what he was thinking. Was he happy that we caught him? Was he happy that he could avenge his brother? I doubt he was happy at all. I take my arm from Felix's waist and I step forward putting my hand on Aiden's shoulder causing him to look up at me.

      "Aiden, I am really-" before I could finish, he wraps his arms around me pulling me into a very tight hug.

     "It wasn't your fault." He whispers.

     "Nor was it yours."

     "Thank you. For catching him. Thank you. I saw on the new he killed someone that had your hair color. He know he was meaning to kill you. It's good he's off the streets. It's good that we have him because we can do things the police can't." He pulls away and lets his arms drop. "We can make him suffer."

"Have you seen Minnie or Jinx or Finn at all?" I ask and Aiden nods.

"They came by looking for you but I didn't talk to them, Leon did. Minnie tried to come talk to me but I walked away from her. I was just so mad. She won't think I'm mad at her will she?" I shake my head.

"She'll understand. She knows the pain you're going through Aiden. Has she told you about what happened?"

"Jinx did when we were looking for you. Minnie ran away and when to a dealer. One of ours." I shake my head.

"She was clean for so long." I shake my head again and step back bumping into Felix. He wraps his arm around my shoulders and I wrap mine around his waist.

"She was just worried for you but she's okay now. I know she knows what I'm going through, but I just don't want to see her right now. I need to be alone. I'm still processing and I'm tired of people telling me they're sorry for my loss. I can't hear that again, especially from her." I nod in understanding.