Chapter Seventy-Seven Die For You

Heartache on the Dance Floor- Jon Pardi

I left Felix while he was sleeping. I know it was bad, but it's what needed to be done. He wouldn't let me leave him and I did attempt at running a couple of times and I never got very far so yes, I waited till he was asleep. He couldn't chase or fight me then and that's why I had to do it. You have to do what you have to do in situations like these and that is exactly what I did. You can't get mad at me for it. You would do the same if you had to spend hours with Felix.

     The man can be a true pain. I smile out of the building with no one seeing me before I begin walking. "I was wondering when you'd leave this place." I voice says making my head snap to the side where an dark and shadowy alleyway was. Dallas steps out and I sigh in relief.

"Did you follow me here?" I ask and he slowly nods.

"After what happened in the garage we don't want to take anymore chances." He says. "No matter how much you hate it, we need you safe. All of us do."

"And I need all of you safe. After Leo and Brice. I won't have anymore of my people die. No matter how bad they've been." I begin walking and Dallas walks next to me.

"Thank you for giving Leo a funeral too. He needed one. When he died, all of us just seemed to forget about him. All except you. You remembered and you gave him a funeral. Thank you."

"He was one of us. He deserved one as much as anyone. No matter what he did." I turn to him. "I know he hurt Ryder and I know you were blamed for it. Ryder hated you for the things he did and even though it still wasn't right he needed one." Dallas nods and puts his hands in his pockets.

"He did. He was one of us. When he died, I didn't want to accept it so I never mentioned it. That funeral made me accept that he was gone and not coming back."

"Same for Brice I hope." I say and he nods. "Neither of them deserved to die. It wasn't their time. It's wrong." I shake my head and look down at my feet as we kept walking. I didn't know where we were going because I was pretty sure Dallas was just following me and I was just walking.

"But we avenged then both. Adam well, Ryder sort of killed him." He says and my eyes widen making me stop walking and face him again.

"Ryder killed Adam?" I ask and he slowly nods as he kicks a rock.

"She doesn't know though. I didn't want anyone to tell her. It would ruin her if she knew she killed someone. Even if Adam is the one that killed Leo. Even if Adam is the one that killed her unborn child." I sigh and look up as I run a hand through my hair.

"How'd she kill him?"

"She beat him." Dallas sighs. "She got lost in her rage and she wouldn't stop punching him. That's what Rocco said. He said she looked like me when I lost my rage and killed-" I nod knowing who. "Adam lived for a few more days but then he died. I made sure no one told her about it. After everything she's went through she doesn't need to know she's a killer. And now it's too late to tell her." I think back to how Dallas said Adam killed Ryder's unborn child.

"Is it bad that I think it's good that the child is gone?" I ask and Dallas hesitates letting his eyes meet mine. "I mean I'm not glad it was murdered. But the father of it." I shake my head. "Her keeping the child would have been awful. She would always have a reminder of what happened to her. It would have been tough on you and her." I knew my words probably weren't good ones but it was how I felt. Who knows. Maybe Ryder could have handled it. Maybe she could have kept the after affect of being raped by a man she trusted.

"I don't know how I feel about all that." Dallas says. "I still don't know because I don't know how Ryder feels about it. We never really talked about it. We never really talked about a lot of things and now it's too late to. She's gone and I'm here." He lets out a sigh as he brings a hand up to rub his chin. "Sometimes I wonder if she's even still alive. I wonder if we'll ever even find them before it's too late."