Thirty Five

Cayth

We are currently having a dinner here in my parents house in Pangasinan.

Maganang kuma-kain si Lendri, at seryoso namang nag-uusap si dad at Lienzo patungkol sa business.

Lienzo is thinking of having his branch of his company here in the Philippines.

While, my sister and her family, is also here, and Sofia and her newly husband, Calyx. Nariti rin si Aki at ang asawa nya. We are now complete and, other than this— the happiness I am feeling right now— nothing really matters.

The dinner was delighting and joyful, we finished eating and Sofia took care of the plates we used, sya nalang daw ang maghu-hugas, tumulong naman kami ni Aki sa pagli-linis at pagli-ligpit.

Lendri and my niece Lana, are playing on their tabs, gosh, why does kids nowadays, enjoys playing on their gadgets? Hindi ba nila nai-intindihan na pwede silang mabulag dahil sa radiation na naku-kuha nila sa kaga-gadgets? Tsk.

"Bakit naka-kunot noo ang mahal ko?" Lienzo, asked as he hugged me from behind and kissed my cheeks. I smiled.

In our four month, relationship. Lienzo loves to hug me and kiss me, he never did kissed me in the lips though, dalawang beses pa lang yata, noong nasa America kami, at noong,... Na-kidnap ako.

I turned around, to face him, I plastered a sweet smile

"Na-ah, tell me why you were so serious earlier, feeling ko may iniisip ka e, na hindi maganda para sayo" he said, I pouted, gaano ba ako kakilala ng lalakeng ito?

"I was just thinking, why kids nowadays, always plays on their tabs, di ba nila alam na pwede silang mabulag dahil sa radiation?" I asked, still pouting. Lienzo sighed and looked at his son.

"Lendri! Baby! Stop using your gadget!" He said, my eyes widened, I looked at Lendri, and saw him looking at the both of us.

"Why?" He asked, Lienzo just pointed at me.

What? Why?

"But, I'm still playing!" He said, lumapit naman sa kanya si Lana.

"Your GTA cop, just died Lend, wala ka bang balak buhayin yang mga yan? Lagi mo nalang pina-patay" I frowned at Lana's statement.

Lendri, looked at Lana and smirked, I arched my eyebrow.

"At least, I don't kill and use those prosti" my mouth hanged open, because of their conversation.

I looked at Lienzo

"Don't tell me their playing Grand Thief Auto?" I asked, still shocked.

"I won't tell you then, that they are playing GTA and Lendri enjoys killing the cops" I blinked so many times, to the point, I lose count.

Lumapit ako sa dalawang bata, they looked at me.

"Yes mama Cayth?" Sabay nilang saad sa akin.

"Mag-salamin kayo pag nagla-laro kayo sa gadgets nyo okay? And please, stop playing GTA it's not a good game" I said, Lendri sighed and nod, while Lana took out her specs from her bag and used it.

I smiled when they immediately obeyed what I've said. Good kids.

I turned to look at Lienzo, and he was just their, looking at me, while a heartily smile is plastered on his face.

I frowned when I saw our garden with white christmas lights surrounded on the whole area and the whole family is their.

I looked at Lienzo's place but he wasn't there anymore. Naiiling na, lumabas ako sa harden.

There's this hanged polaroid pictures of mine and full of transparent balloon where some of my pictures with my patients are inside.

Sinundan ko ang roses na nag-kalat sa bermuda grass.

It led me to one man, the only man I loved, he was smiling at me ear to ear, I walked near him, he placed his hands at my waist.

"Ano na namang ka-kornihan to Seinfeld?" I said, teasing him, he just pouted.

Then a slow-mellow music, by a band named December Avenue, started to play.

Lienzo cleared his throat as he looked at me intently.

"Hi baby" he said, I just frowned, but still manage to smile because of his uneasiness.

"I want you to listen to me. Just listen okay?" He said, tumango lang ako.

"Cayth Naval, a very amazing doctor, a very smart person, and a very kind-hearted woman, you have captured me the first time you touched me, I was in love by your wittiness and bravery, I have loved you for a decade now, and that, never change. I know we are just, you know starting, but, I am scared of losing you, and this is me, being possessive so, uh," he paused and let go of me.

He then kneeled in front of me, he took out a black, velvet box, from his pocket and opened it in front of me.

I-is he? Oh my God!

"Doctora Cayth Naval, would you love to be with me until we can't breathe anymore? Would you love to have a complete family with me?" He asked, I gulped.

"Will you marry me, baby?" He asked, my lips parted,

I looked at my family who's smiling ear to ear, and signing me to say yes. My mom who's motioning 'like' sign and my dad who's crying and smiling at the same time.

I looked at Lienzo, my Lienzo, as I rolled my tongue over my lip

Ini-lahad ko ang kamay ko, he smiled and putted the very beautiful, elegant ring on my finger.

"I love you" he said, as he stood up to kiss me.

"And, I'm in love with you too, Seinfeld, I do" I said, as I rest my head on his chest.

Lendri came running to us, and we welcomed him in our arms.

My family started to come near us too, and congratulate the both of us.

I smiled, feeling a tear fell my cheeks. I gulped as I began to cry.

"Why is my fiancé crying?" Lienzo, worriedly, asked me, as he dried my cheeks.

I shook my head and smiled at him.

"Tears of joy baby" I said, he smiled and kissed my cheeks.

"I love you" he said, I nod and murmured I love you to him.

Nothing really matters, other than this.

Great happiness is a choice and I chose to be happy, and Lienzo, and Lendri, is my euphoria.

***this is the last chapter, see you on the epilogue! vote, comment and share!***