chapter five

Haha, the last chapter was a lie!

Third Person POV

Days pass, and it felt as though it was finally becoming normal. Aphmau felt as though the dark and corrupted angels had listened to her and would stay away from Y/N, and that her pure angels would stay away from them. Especially who she thought would be poison. She had come to the conclusion that the long that Alex would be in the picture the higher the chance of losing any more pure angels.

She didn't want to lose someone like Vylad, Liv, and she especially didn't want to lose Y/N. Why would she want to lose someone she had so easily won over to protect? Whoever wasn't her angel type was bad. They would all have dark intentions and hurt whoever was around them. She was simply making sure that nobody would get hurt and everyone knew their place. Why? Because she cared.

"Y/N, how are you fairing everyone here?" Aphmau had only meant a third of whom really had gone to Phoenix Drop High. She smiled at Y/N. It was a kind smile. It was a smile that a mother would give to a child. A loving, soft, smile. Y/N was almost like a child to Aphmau as strange as it had sounded. She wanted to protect her.

"Everybody seems nice," Y/N replies, not sure of how to respond. Some people she met were sweethearts while others she had some kinda of interest in. But she could honestly admit, some just scared her. "I'm making more friends."

The smile on Aphmau's face fails to fade at Y/N's words. She knew that introducing her to her own friends would have the end result of Y/N having a bunch of friends.

"And what about Vylad?" She questions, lifting an eyebrow ever so slightly. Aphmau was a tad bit of a matchmaker, and she thought that it was time for Vylad to get a girlfriend. And who else would best fit the role for it other than Y/N? Alex? That was bizarre in every pure angel's mind. Well, every pure angel's mind but a select few. "You seem to be hitting it off. Why don't you see where it'll take you? That's how Garroth and I had gotten together. A simply kiss in his backyard and-well-you know the rest."

A small wink presents itself on Aphmau's face, and Y/N quickly becomes uncomfortable with it. I mean, who wouldn't. Y/N wasn't sure what Aphmau meant by that, but she was praying that it wasn't something sexual.

"I'm not really looking for a boyfriend right now. . ." Y/N didn't know what to say, and she was thankful for when Aphmau pouts and rolls her eyes, unamused by Y/N's response, but doesn't say anything else for a follow up comment.

Y/N could tell from the look in Aphmau's eyes that she did want to make a comment. She wanted to push further with the conversation to where there could be hope. However, Aphmau didn't force it. And because of this, Y/N respected her. Aphmau knew when to drop it, and Y/N was happy that Aphmau did that for her.

Garroth then walks by the two girls and gently kisses the raven haired girl's cheek. Aphmau smiles up at him with adoration in her eyes and rests herself against his standing body. Garroth slyly slips his arm around the short girl's waist and waves subtly at Y/N. He had a look in his eye that told Y/N to quickly leave. And with said, she bolted before a kiss was stolen from Aphmau's lips. Y/N was thankful that she left at this time too.

She quickly rushed down the hallway and dodged people as she zipped around corners. Nobody knew why she was going so quickly, Y/N didn't even know either. So when she bumped into a person, she decided that she would automatically take the blame.

Little did she know it was a little certain dark angel.

"Disgusting," the murmur rings through Y/N's eats as she lifts herself up from the ground. "I got your filth all over me." I don't do much. I watch as they sit on the floor, annoyed. I don't say anything, but they lift a hand up for me to grab into. "Do me a favor and lift me up, 'ight?"

I lift the male up, and two people stumble up behind him. The female glares at the male, insulting him, as he rambles in about my rudeness to her.

"Shut up Zenix!" The silver headed female shouts, highly irritated by him. "It's one simply thing that you still can't comprehend through your pea sized brain!"

The other male, the one with strikingly beautiful dark blue eyes, scoffs. "Quit. Laurance has an interest in her. Just walk away." 'An interest in me?' I question, unsure of whom he is referring to. My question isn't answer once they walk away. In their place, an angel with the wings of a corrupt, rushes towards me.

"I'll get in trouble for this," she says. "But walk with me so I can fill you in on the other angels. I'm Kandi by the way."

As if I was out of my mind, I did as told.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"You had just ran into Zenix Fields. He's apart of a little group called the Shadow Knights. The leader, Gene Royal, was the one who made that comment about Laurance. Laurance is top dog. So when Gene is placed next to Laurance, he looks powerless. You may know Gene because of his siblings Liv and Dante. . . or of him. Because of what you've probably heard of Laurance, the name Laurance Zvahl should strike fear into your heart."

I learned that for a corrupted angel, Kandi wasn't all that bad. Of course I'm breaking millions of unsaid rules right now by talking to her, but this only fuels my curiosity of the other angel types.

Taryn ended up telling me about different families and how some of those children of the families had different angel types. Like with the Royals, most or them are pure angels with the exception of Gene. With the Ro'meaves, I've learned that they are a big deal on my own as well as who is who there, Zane is the odd ball of the family by being corrupted. However, Garte was once a different angel type, and Zianna was successfully able to turn him pure.

But then she hit the Zvahls. This was a strange topic. The father, Hayden, is rarely home for long periods of time, but I believe that he is pure. . . I think.

As for his children, the three Zvahls, they're all different from one another. There's a dark, Laurance, corrupted, Alex, and pure, Cadenza. It's strange out they all manage to function under the same house hold.

"Laurance has now deemed Katelyn untouchable for other people due to his 'power' for angels. She seems unwanted to pures, but is seen as pretty nonetheless. Cadenza, she's currently single, but has had many relationships and continues to try and find the right guy. As for Alex. . . she's different."

"Different?" My question was noisy and innocent. I'm reminded that I shouldn't put much mind to her due to my angel type thinking of even the name as a curse word. It only makes me question even more what happened with her.

"She was a pure not too long ago. She's viewed as a traitor and pure trash now that she became corrupted by accident. She wanted to change Laurance for the 'better,' but it backfired because she didn't realize that she was hurting herself more than helping him," Kandi explains, sighing as a hand runs through her hair.

I asked more questions, wondering if that's why people refuse to look at her, and why her relationships were complicated.

"That's not completely why Aphmau doesn't want people by her. She doesn't want anybody else to change into one of us. Alex is untouchable under Katelyn's, Levi's, and Laurance's watch. She's rumored to date Levi, but isn't not hard to tell from people who are observant that she doesn't feel the same way back to him as he does to her. After all, her and Vylad were some 'thing' earlier on."

"A thing? So that means that some tension between Vylad and Laurance is normal. . . But what happened between them for Vylad to flinch at be letter V?"

Kandi sighs, telling me that I'm asking for too much information. "Alex would call Vylad, V. She transformed one day when they were dating and when this happened-no more.
I can't tell you anymore." She becomes frantic suddenly, and I begin to worry as of why this is.

"Why's this?"

A tap on my shoulder frightens me when I slowly begin to turn around, scared of what angel type, or who, has caught me with someone who is "dangerous."

"Because it's supposed to be kept secret from most. She's lucky that she knows it."

'I'm fucked,' I think, pursing my lips and squeezing my eyes shut tight, 'aren't I?'