The meet

~~~~
Sean's POV
~~~~
"Felix, c'mon! Please let me try it?" I begged for Felix to give me his sea crystal. Felix is the king's son and he the prince of the kingdom. No one can leave the walls without the sea crystal and only the king and Felix have the crystal.

"Sean, I don't know. My dad will be mad if you go out without his premission." He hesitated.

"I won't go far out. I'll just be around the wall. Please. Just this one time." I begged further. I'm Sean and I'm 17 and Felix is also 17. We've been friends since our birth practically. You will never catch us apart.

"Ugh, fine. But only this time." He finally gave in and I smiled at him. He gave me the crystal and I walked through the wall. I felt a slight sensation while walking through the wall. And as I got on the other side the water felt different. It felt kind of dirtier.

"The water over here feels dirtier." I said as I looked at Felix through the wall. The wall was see-through.

"Sean, come back now." He demanded and I shook my head.

"Let me have some fun." I said as I did tricks in the water. After a few minutes I looked at Felix and fear was visible in his eyes. He then pointed at something behind me and I turned around. My eyes widened and I froze. There was a shark looking right at me.

"C-Come b-back Sean." I heard Felix say and then the shark started coming towards me. I completely blanked out and instead of coming back into the safety of the kingdom, I swam away from the kingdom. Everytime I looked behind me the shark was right there. I soon found a cave that the shark couldn't come into.

I hid there and waited for the shark to go away. I was so scared. I wanted to go back to the kingdom, but I couldn't remember which way it was. And when the shark left I couldn't go back to the kingdom. I was lost. I just swam cluelessly around the ocean.

Soon I found myself near the surface of the sea. I've never actually seen what is in the sky. But just as I wanted to look I saw something in the distance. I swam towards it. I thought it was a whale, but it was made out of wood. I heard noises from up in the sky. And then I saw someone look down in the water. He looked like a merman, but he was in the sky. I thought we weren't supposed to go up in the sky.
~~~~
Mark's POV
~~~~
I can swear that there's someone down in the ocean. I can see a human and he's looking up at me, but he's not coming up. He's gonna drown.

"Guys, there's a man down there! He's gonna drown!" I started yelling and everyone looked at me.

"Ay! It's your first day on the ship! You wanna get kicked off? My men can throw you in the ocean right here, right now!" The captain got angry. I'm 17 and I just got on this ship to help the captain to get the heart of the ocean for the prince.

"I'm serious!" I got angry as well.

"Push him in the sea! I never wanna see him again!" The captain yelled out and three men pushed me in. I fell into the ocean and I took this as a chance to save that boy. I inhaled deeply and dove down.

Soon I was looking at the boy and he was looking at me. He had green hair and... a tail? He's a merman? But mermaids are supposed to be extinct by now. No human has ever seen one. I could earn so much money if I turn him in. He was just looking at me. Soon I couldn't hold my breath anymore. I grabbed him and tried swiming to the surface, but he fought back. I tried and tried until everything went black.
~~~~
Sean's POV
~~~~
The boy with two tails just went unconcious. Can he not breathe underwater? That's when I decided to slowly drag him to the sky. Then I found a piece of land that I laid him on and waited for him to wake up. Then I looked at my arms and my chest. I had scales. My eyes widened. I looked like a monster. Then my ear itched and when I touched it it was pointy and not round. I truly did look like a monster. But still I waited for the boy to wake up.

And when his eyes fluttered open I smiled at him. He looked at me, confused. And when he saw my scales he backed away in fear.

"You saved me." He said. I nodded with a smile on my face. I wanted to assure him that I wasn't scary. He laughed dryly. "I'm Mark. And you? If you can talk. You haven't said a word so far." He said and I giggled.

"I'm Sean. I-I didn't know there are mermaids with two tails." I said. He stood up and walked towards me. Then he crouched down in front of me and put a hand to my shoulder.

"I'm not a mermaid. I'm a human. And those aren't tails. We call them legs. And humans can't breathe underwater like mermaids. We live on land. Above the sea surface." He explained. My mouth formed an 'o'. Then he looked at my scales on my arm. "But what happened to you?" He asked as he rubbed the scales.

"I don't know. I got them as soon as I went above the water." I shrugged. "But can I meet other humans?" I asked him.

"I fear not. Not all humans are nice. See, the thing is, humans believe that mermaids went extinct centuries ago and if they see you, they'd sell you and earn a lot of money." He explained and I got scared.

"Are you gonna sell me?" I asked. He backed away and he thought about it.

"I'm sure I'd earn a lot of money if I did." He started and an evil grin formed on his face. My eyes widened and I started panicking. "But you're really nice, Sean." He added and smiled at me. Then I calmed down.

"Mark!" Someone called from a far.

"Go back and stay there. I don't want you to get hurt." He said and I went back into the water and hid in the seagrass. I watched as Mark talked to the man until someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around. It was another merman.

"I can help you become a human." He said. I nodded and he gave me a potion.