vi

The next morning, Fallon woke up with snow in her ear.

Sitting up, the girl shook her head, watching as a few snowflakes fell out of her hair and onto her legs. Looking around, she noticed that everyone other than Lucy was awake, so she chose to join Susan as she tried to put out the fire that had kept them warm the night before.

No one said a word, and after about ten minutes, Peter had woken Lucy up, and the group was back on track, walking through the snow, following the beavers, all with the goal of getting to Aslan's camp before nightfall.

Once they reached a hilltop, Beaver stopped, causing the lot to do so behind him as well.

"Now, Aslan's camp is near the Stone Table, just across the Frozen River," he said.

"River?" Peter said, speaking everyone's thoughts out loud.

"The River's been frozen solid for a hundred years," Mrs. Beaver explained, as if it would somehow make Peter stop worrying.

"It's so far," the boy said, and Fallon nearly laughed at his whine. He sounded like a child.

"It's the world, dear," Mrs. Beaver said. "Did you expect it to be small?"

"Smaller," Susan said, looking at Peter before brushing past him, following the beavers down the hill.

It was obvious she was still upset with him about what had happened in front of the castle, but Fallon wasn't willing to take sides on this.

"Hey, Pretty Boy," she called when she noticed the blond wasn't following. "You coming?"

Peter gave the girl a small smile, making his way behind her.

A few minutes later, Fallon finally noticed how she wasn't as cold as she'd been last night, so she unwrapped her arms from around herself, no longer regretting not taking her coat.

"Come on, humans!" Mr. Beaver called once they were on flat ground. "While we're still young!"

"If he tells us to hurry one more time, I'm gonna turn him into a big, fluffy hat," Peter said, crouching down so Lucy could get on his back.

"Hurry up! Come on!"

Susan and Fallon laughed when Peter rolled his eyes at the beaver.

"He's getting a little bossy," Lucy commented.

"So, what style will that hat be, Your Highness?" Fallon teased, Peter sticking his tongue out at her like a seven year old would.

"Very mature," the girl said sarcastically.

"Not any less mature than teasing a King," Peter responded.

"Well, technically, you're not really King yet."

Peter was about to reply when Mrs. Beaver's voice boomed around them. "Behind you! It's her!"

Fallon's eyes widened and she snapped around to see a sleigh coming towards them, and she immediately started running, taking Lucy's hand as Peter put her down frantically.

"Run!"

The four kids started sprinting behind the beavers, Peter and Fallon never loosening their grip on Lucy as they neared the woods, Susan only a few steps in front of them.

"Hurry!"

They finally reached the trees, but Fallon knew they weren't protected enough to get away from the Witch. Her heart was in her throat as Mr. Beaver gestured for them to get under a caving in a rock.

"Inside! Dive, dive!"

"Peter!" Fallon called, noticing the boy hadn't gotten inside with them.

When he appeared in front of them, Fallon took a sigh of relief, but her eyes were still wide as both he and Mr. Beaver crawled into the caving.