x

An hour later, Edmund was back to walking around. Or, actually, sitting.

Once he'd woken up, Susan and Lucy informed the rest of the group that they hadn't eaten anything when they left the river, so the lot had decided to head to one of the food tents and had started eating anything they could find.

"Narnia's not going to run out of toast, Ed," Lucy giggled, watching as her brother kept stuffing his face with the stuff.

Edmund chuckled, taking another bite just to tease her.

"I'm sure they'll pack some stuff for the journey back," Peter said, as if it were the most casual comment he could think of, but it captured everyone's attention.

The four that were sitting at the table turned to look at the blond who was leaning against a rock wall, all losing their smiles.

"We're going home?" Susan questioned, speaking everyone's thoughts out loud.

"You are," Peter said, walking to the table and sitting between Edmund and Fallon. "I promised mum I'd keep you three safe." He turned to Fallon for a moment. "And I don't think you should risk staying here, Fall." He looked at the group. "But that doesn't mean I can't stay behind and help."

"But they need us," Lucy said in a quiet voice, contradicting her brother. "All five of us."

"Lucy," Peter said softly, "it's too dangerous. You almost drowned, Edmund was almost killed–"

"Which is why we have to stay," Edmund interrupted, speaking up for the first time. When no one said anything, he continued. "I've seen what the White Witch can do. And I've helped her do it." He said the last part looking down, his tone captivated in a hint of guilt. But then he spoke sternly, meaning his next words. "And we can't leave these people behind to suffer from it."

Lucy smiled at her brother, placing a hand over his in comfort.

No one said anything, and Fallon felt Susan shift beside her.

"I suppose that's it then," the blue eyed girl said, and the lot looked at her questioningly. 

"Where are you going?" Peter asked, looking at his sister walking away.

Susan picked up her quiver and grinned at them. "To get some practice."

Fallon felt a smirk appear on her face, and she immediately got up to follow the girl, followed by a smiling Lucy. The three girls headed to the archery range, Fallon picking up her belt along the way, but stopped near the female's tent.

"You guys go on," she said suddenly. "There's something I need to do."

Susan and Lucy watched her disappear inside the  curtains, but the older Pevensie simply shrugged, turning around and walking on.

Fallon rummaged inside the tent until she found what she was looking for.

Oreius had dropped off a full practice hunting armour for her while the others were away for a few minutes, and she'd found this a prefect time to try it out. The entire build of it was modified for the Hunt, and it fit around her form perfectly, making it feel like a part of her. She took an over jacket, one very similar to Peter's, simply in black, contrasting the rest of the grey top of the armour and slightly lighter bottom. Tightening the belt around her waist and lacing up her boots, the brunette headed out of the tent, feeling even more comfortable than she did in her dress.

"Well, someone decided to change their look," Susan called once she saw her, and Fallon smiled at her.

"Come on," the Hunter girl said, "let's see how much aim you've got."