Chapter 9: Intrusion In The City, Part 2

Allen's POV

As Allen entered into the church, he noted how abandoned it seemed. Even though it was situated in the middle of the city, it was completely vacant with cobwebs in every corner, as though no one had cleaned it in a very long time. With how dark and creepy it was, he couldn't help but feel a little on edge as he hunched into the room, looking around it for any signs of Tyki or, alternatively, the ghosts that might pop out and steal his soul. Because apparently that's possible.

He stiffened and screeched as he heard someone creep up behind him, his voice echoing throughout the empty sanctuary. A gloved hand quickly covered his mouth as he was dragged into a nearby broom closet that was so dark, he wasn't sure what was happening and who had practically abducted him. He attempted once more to invoke his innocence, but fear crept into the core of his heart as his call for Crown Clown was met with silence. Well, besides the one in front of him who shushed him rather rudely.

"Who is it", he warned somewhat quietly, smacking the hand away from his mouth.

"Eh? You can't tell?" The boy's heart skipped a beat at that familiar voice he didn't know he missed until then.

The noah lit a match, illuminating his pale skin and stupid, thin grin.

He blinked twice, slightly unable to believe that Tyki was actually there. "Tyki? Then, why did you pull me into the closet? You're acting suspicious." He narrowed his eyes at the noah and frowned, closing the distance somewhat to look for any signs of insincerity in his eyes. "What are you planning, Tyki Mikk", he asked, beginning his interrogation. Surely, he's up to no good... this pervert.

The noah widened his eyes innocently just before the match went out in his hand. "What?! You mean that I could have tried something? Well, shoot, I missed my opportunity..."

The ex-exorcist's temple pulsed with annoyance as he wrapped his hands around the noah's neck, violently shaking him and screaming, "Do you think that that's what I was implying? Don't even joke like that, pervert! I should skin you alive!"

The noah had to suppress his laughter as he slapped his hand over the boy's mouth, placing his other hand's index finger over his lips as he nervously and repeatedly shushed him.

Allen narrowed his eyes and lifted a brow at the other, though he knew it would be barely visible, if at all. After several moments of silence – probably used to hear for whoever the noah was hiding from – Tyki finally took his hand away and whispered sternly, clipping his words as he did so, "I'm currently hiding from the Earl, so it would be appreciated if you would keep quiet. I'm risking a lot simply coming in contact with you, you know." He finished off his lecture sounding more like a whining child than an angry noah, which only reminded Allen more of why he missed him.

Even if he is a noah, I hate not being around him. "Why would you be hiding from the Earl? Is that where you've been, lately? You know, I only stayed with the noah for you – why didn't you take me with you? Idiot." He scoffed and crossed his arms, somewhat annoyed and somewhat hurt that he was left behind.

The noah sweated slightly and a light through the crack of the door illuminated his nervous smirk. He rubbed the back of his head as he whispered hesitantly, "Well, you see, I was kicked out by the Earl for... something. I can't tell you much but, basically, I can't return until I've killed someone dear to you." He shrugged and sighed as he continued, raising his hands in defeat. "I have to say, I don't mind the mission but the real punishment is the low quality food and living conditions. I think what I miss the most about that luxurious ark would have to be my bed – the dirt isn't comfortable, you know."

As Tyki continued, Allen silently boiled with rage, clenching his hands into fists. He's out to kill someone I love? Who?

"I guess I needed the Earl more than I thought. Ah, lesson learned", he finished, running his hand through his messy hair. "Though, I've had quite a bit of time to sit and ponder and I still can't figure my way around that Mana thing. Won't you tell me specifically who he is?" He sparkled and smiled innocently, as though he was attempting to gloss over his previous statement.

The ex-exorcist tightened his fists, feeling as though he might be piercing skin, at this point. "Who are you planning to kill, Tyki Mikk", he growled.

Just as Tyki let out a frustrated sigh, an akuma outside the door asked, "Lord Tyki Mikk?"

He phased his arm through the door to cut the akuma in half with his dark matter, returning his arm only once he heard the explosion on the other side of the door. "What does it matter", he asked, sounding annoyed and exhausted, as though he didn't want to fight but couldn't let this go.

Allen didn't respond, since his anger only grew with how Tyki had just killed an akuma without innocence. It seemed as though the akumas soul was screaming for him from the other side of the door and he felt his eyes begin to water and his left eye ached terribly. But his anger was so deep that he didn't mind the pain.

"Shounen", he asked, being cut off by the sounds of several akuma stirring on the other side of the door.

"Found them, Lord Millennium", they all gleefully shouted.

Tyki huffed once more before phasing through the door entirely to go after the akuma.

As Allen threw open the door, he yelled out, "No, Tyki! Don't-" But he paused and froze as he watched the noah cut into and destroy akuma after akuma, their souls seeming to disappear as they clawed at the ex-exorcist, begging to be saved.

He tried to activate his innocence again, this time feeling somewhat of a pain rush through his arm and into his head. He put a hand over his head and closed his eyes. When he opened them, a priest stood in front of him, as if appearing out of nowhere.

Tyki ran toward them, seeming abnormally panicked as he yelled out Allen's name.

His anger didn't dissolve, though he became somewhat confused as he watched the noah through heavy eyelids and growing pain. What is he acting so afraid of?

As if to answer his question, the priest placed a hand onto his head, sending agonizing shocks through his skull as his skin darkened and visions began to fill his mind of Cross and the priest killing Cross with his own weapon. And as he became more and more angry, so did he become more and more weary until darkness took over and he felt himself fall into a deep sleep.