Catching up

(Pronounced: JA~NY~YAH AND it's like saying Aaliyah or Aleah but it's Alia)

                    Alia's Pov

It has been Two hours since James has been here. Who is James you ask?

Well, James is my ex-Boyfriend, first lover, first everything, but also Ja'Niyah's father. Of course he knows and Ja'Niyah does too, it's just that when I got pregnant with Niyah, his parents made him move away because they thought I was an bad influence on his life. So this is the first time I've seen him in years.

"Soo...You gotta Husband? boyfriend?..."He asked as I sat back down after changing. I shook my head.

"Boy toy?"He continued. I blushed and shook my head, hard. "Girl-"

"Strictly-Dickly baby"I cut him off, smiling. He smirked at my comment.

"So where is Ja'Niyah?"He asked, smiling hard. I laughed at his face.

"School," I said as his face fell a little. "...But she'll be back in a couple of hours,"

And his face began to light up again.

We talked for a little bit, I made us breakfast and now we just watching movies until Ja'Niyah comes home which should be now.

"Hey mom I got an A plus on my test, so the studying was really worth it," Ja'Niyah says, dropping her bookbag and heading into the kitchen. I guess she didn't realize that we had an guest. We got up and followed her into the kitchen.

"Ja'Niyah," James spoke, smiling. She stood still as her eyes met her father's.

"Oh My GOSH! Daddy!," She screamed, attacking him into an big hug. Yep, she was an big time Daddy's Girl.

"Hey Niyah," He laughed, hugging her back.

"Daddy where you come from? And why you got an footlocker shirt on? Ohh Can you get me an Pair of KDs and Jordans?," She asked, engulfing him with questions.

"I came from work which is why I have my work shirt on. And it depends on your grades," He said answering all her questions. She smiled widely and handed him her Power school Report Card which she printed out online. He laughed, looking over her grades. "Okay I'll get them as long as you turn that C into an B"

"Thank you Daddy!"She screamed, kissing his cheek and running upstairs. I turn to him, smiling.

"She has you wrapped around her finger already" I said walking away, upstairs to my bedroom to get ready to take Niyah to the nail salon.

"Your style has not changed one bit"He said, taking a look around the room. And honestly it hadn't. I still contrasted the colors Brown and sky blue.

I began to look for something to wear for today. James stood beside me, peeking into my drawers. He picked out my black and pink zebra stripped lingerie. I blushed and put it on the bed. He also picked out my white/black/blue cheetah shirt, white skinny jeans, black and white converse.

I took an ten minute shower before lotioning up and putting my clothes on. I was grateful that James was no longer in here because since we've seen each other, I have gotten bigger and an stomach.

After I got dressed, I walked downstairs to Ja'Niyah and James. James changed his clothes into an white shirt, blue jeans,and some Timberlands while Ja'Niyah just changed into some sandals.

"Alright c'Mon"I said, walking past them to the door.

"Where we going?"Ja'Niyah asked as we got inside the car. I ignored her and started the car, driving off.

The whole way there Ja'Niyah and James did twenty Questions. I began to just listen to James and Ja'Niyah talk and laugh.

This is the beginning of something real...