11

He managed to knock out 2 of the 3 attackers before he was halting his punches when a gun was put to Annabel's head.

Tom emerged from the shadows with a cocky smile, nodding at whoever was behind him, who kicked him hard so he could go down on his knees.

"You couldn't just leave well enough alone, could you?" Tom demanded, looking from him to her , Annabel flinching as he traced the barrel of the gun down her cheek.

"Don't touch her Tom" he growled menacingly, grunting when he was clubbed in the middle of his back by something hard and wooden. Sucking in a painful breath, he laughed dryly before he struggled to his knees as Annabel wriggled in the chair, fighting the restraints, screaming at the top of her lungs despite her mouth being taped shut. The tears were leaking from her eyes like a waterfall, and he hated he'd put her in danger.

"Or what, my friend? You're going to— oh, I see... you think this whore has feelings for you? Is that it? Lemme burst your bubble then; women like her stick to her kind at the end of the day. They can fuck with us and accept our money and our gifts, but they always go back to those spic men of theirs, isn't that right, sweetie?" Tom said as he crouched in front of her, ripping off the tape on her mouth, smiling wickedly as she whimpered in pain.

"Let him go Tom! He doesn't have anything to do with this! Please!"

"Is that what you think????"

"Tom I know he doesn't, he just- please please Tom, let him go! He doesn't know anything!"

"You didn't tell him anything?"

"No! Noo, I didn't! Please!"

Hiroshi watched as Tom straightened, watching the guys that were doing their best to tie him up but he was making their jobs difficult, so they'd started beating him.

"Stop! Please, stop!!!!" Annabel's voice was raw as she kept crying and begging, her tearstained face the last thing he saw as he blacked out.
***

"Hiroshi? Hiroshi?! Please wake up!"

He sighed as he heard Annabel's whispers to his right, but his eyelids felt heavy and he had a throbbing headache that wouldn't let him open his eyes.

"Hiroshi please, if you can hear me say something!" She hissed again, this time the scrape of a chair against the floor his only clue.

He grunted, barely finding the strength to do that as he concentrated on opening his eyes.

"Oh Thank god! Hiro, please look at me! Babe please..." she begged him, the term of endearment had him blinking his eyes open, turning his head to look at her. He smiled wanly at her, thinking she looked beautiful despite the tears and the purple bruise on her right cheek. He frowned when he saw that, examining the rest of her and finding his anger building as he took in her split lip, bruised arms from being manhandled, her left eye was starting to turn black as well.

"Annabel...I'm sorry" he said softly, swallowing hard as his throat was dry and his tongue felt heavy and like thick cotton. She nodded, blinking back tears.

"You're ok, that's all that matters. But you have to get free, Hiro. And go get help. Tom is an asshole but—"

"Ahhhh the love birds are awake. Good."

He turned, looking as Tom sauntered in, looking cocky as hell.

"Let him go Tom, I already told you he doesn't have anything to do with this!" She said icily, the tone of her words causing Tom to stop pacing and look at her incredulously.

"You still don't get it?"

"Tom, let her go. Let her go and I won't fucking kill you with my bare hands..." Hiroshi growled, fighting against his restraints now. The fear in the pit of his stomach started unraveling as a gleam appeared in Tom's eyes.

"She doesn't know, does she?"
"Know what? What are you talking about?!" Tom, stop stalling and just—"
"SHUT UP!!! You talk too much, did you know that? Did you also know that your little lover boy here isn't who he says he is?"

Hiroshi watched her roll her eyes.

"Right, why is that relevant? He still doesn't have anything to do with this!"

"Innocent Annabel, always too trusting, too nice, too gullible-"

"Clearly not gullible enough that you couldn't fucking trap me into this bullshit... where's Megan?!"

Tom chuckled and shrugged, motioning to Hiroshi with his gun.

"Ask him. He's the one who took her... not personally, mind you. Oh, which reminds me... did you know that our friend here isn't really in finance?"

"Tom, let me out of this chair. I'll go with you to find Megan. We're wasting time doing this stupid nonsense! I don't care if he's the president of looney ville, please... let's just find Megan."

Tom shook his head with an air of indifference, motioning again towards Hiroshi.

"Didn't I tell you to ask him?! You dumb bitch!"

"Fine... where is she?" He saw the sadness in her eyes as she asked the question, Hiroshi knowing that once he said what he had to say she would be done with him forever.

"I don't know, Annabel."

"See?! He doesn't kno-"

"He's Yakuza, you dim witted dodo bird! God, you're slow."

"What??? No, Tom, you're an idiot, and I swear-"

"Tell her or I shoot her. And I'll start slow, work my way up to her face."

He nodded mutely, hanging his head in shame as she frowned in his direction.

"I'm sorry Annabel. I-"

"Wait so he's not lying? What does- you're- oh my god! Hiro, please, he's lying, right?"

"No."

"Who's the real bad guy now?" Tom said sarcastically, producing a blade and undoing her restraints, helping her up from the chair without a care to her injuries.

Hiroshi watched her as she looked at her raw wrists, holding back the curses as he too saw the damage.

"I'm going to kill you. I promise you" he assured Tom, the man laughing sarcastically as he shrugged.

"Let's see you try lover boy. Don't worry, I have some really nice guys willing to pay premium price for exotic pussy like this one. It won't be a waste."