The Briefing

In the Tankery shed alongside Assam and Rosehip with various maps and charts, James paced inexorably in front of them, constantly adjusting his uniform or hair...

"You look fine!" Rosehip yelled.

"Huh?"

"Stop worrying so much! She's going to be happy to see you regardless"

"W-Who?" James asked, feigning ignorance.

"You know very well who~" Rosehip said with a sly expression, glancing out the door of the Tankery shed to her right, noticing a familiar red coat in the distance...

"In fact, here she comes now~"

As Assam finished her sentence, James turned just in time to see Darjeeling and Orange Pekoe enter the shed. While she approached a smile formed on his lips as he looked towards Darjeeling, who returned the gesture.

"H-Hello James~" Darjeeling shakily greeted, her heart racing as she was still nervous whenever she was around him.

"Hey D-Darjeeling, how are you?~"

"I'm fine thank you, w-what about you?~"

"They certainly do look happy together~" Assam mused.

"I know~" Rosehip added, "James has been nervous all morning~"

The three girls chuckled and Orange Pekoe responded "Darjeeling was much the same this morning, and she never normally gets nervous~"

Rosehip laughed at this and decided to have a little fun...

"They look cute together don't they~" Rosehip said, raising her voice just high enough...

"E-Eh?" James stuttered as he turned towards Rosehip, his face heating up.

Darjeeling too turned to Rosehip, her face a similar shade of red.

"Now that's funny!" Rosehip mused with a laugh "You guys reacted at the same time and in the same way!"

James then turned back to Darjeeling with a small sigh and chuckle "I think it's time to start the briefing~"

"I agree~" Darjeeling replied, smiling to James as everyone took their seats.

James then outlined his plan for their match...

---Timeskip---

"So I will command the flanking groups while Darjeeling will command the blocking force on the main road"

Darjeeling nodded at his proposal, turning to smile widely at him as she remarked "I think this plan will work well~"

James then turned to her and smiled back with an equally wide smile, "Thanks~"

The pair then starred into each others eyes for a short time while the others glanced back and forth between them...

"Like I said, you guys are too cute when you're together" Rosehip remarked, breaking the silence and bringing Darjeeling and James back to reality.

"R-Right" James said, nodding his head. Not hearing what Rosehip had actually said...

"A-Ah..." Darjeeling muttered upon hearing him agree with Rosehip, a smile forming on her lips.

"Anyway, does anyone have any questions?" James asked, trying to change the subject.

"I don't think so" Orange Pekoe answered.

"None at all~" Darjeeling said as everyone rose from their seats.