The Battle

After an uneventful morning and a long time spent making sure he looked alright, James was now walking beside Darjeeling to meet with Katyusha and Nonna to start the match.

Once they reached where Katyusha, Nonna and the match officials were waiting, one of the match officials announced "Do any of you have anything to say before the match?"

"If it isn't the two lovebirds~" Katyusha said with a smirk.

Darjeeling jolted slightly and her face began to heat up, looking over to James with a soft smile.

James returned Darjeeling's gesture and turned back to Katyusha with a chuckle as he crossed his arms in front of him, "Your informants serve you well~"

"Yes they do! Now let us begin, we have a battle to win!

"I wouldn't be so confident of victory yet Katyusha~" Darjeeling mused "Haven't you heard the saying, 'Overconfidence is the most dangerous form of carelessness'"

"Poetry crap..." Katyusha muttered under her breath "Lets just get started!"

"I agree~" James said, turning to the officials "You can begin the match"

"Very well, all contestants bow"

---Timeskip---

After the formalities at the start of the match James was happy to be in his tank and moving towards his starting position for his plan.

"Darjeeling do you read me?"

"Yes I'm here~"

"Are all the tanks in your company in the blocking and defensive positions on the main road?"

"Yes we're all here, ready and waiting~"

"That's good~ I'm almost at my starting position on the left flank with my company. Rosehip, do you read me?"

"Loud and clear commander!"

"Alright then, are you in position on the right flank?"

"Just approaching it now!"

"Then let's kick this off. Darjeeling, can you send one of the Matilda's to lure the enemies force onto the main road please?"

"Of course"

"Rosehip, we need to begin our flanking actions! Once you reach the way point, begin to turn in towards the main road. By then Darjeeling should've engaged them and we will be able to surround them!"

"Let's do this then!" Rosehip yelled happily in response.

---Timeskip---

"James I've engaged the enemy team, it looks like they fell for our ruse and have sent almost all their tanks down the center to destroy my blocking force~" Darjeeling cheerily reported over the radio.

"That's great to hear~ Me and Rosehip are just about in position and will begin closing in on them~"

"It seems your plan is working after all James~"

"I can't take all the credit, I got the idea from you~"

Darjeeling gasped and replied "Y-You did?!" feeling her face begin to heat up again.

"Yeah, don't you remember what we were talking about the other day?..."

---Flashback: James and Darjeeling's day out at the cafe---

"That's why I think what Ooarai has done is so amazing~ Their tactics are so adaptable and their individual tank commanders have the initiative to make on the spot decisions~"