Day 2

"well that's a bummer........"

In an ordinary hotel room inside an ordinary hotel at the edge of Diftveil is Hilbert who has just been awoken by his alarm clock, it was 4 am. He's planning to do his usual morning walk only to realized that the rainy weather outside would make that pretty much impossible.

"Oh Hilbert" He said letting out a sigh. "Seems like Arceus don't like you taking morning walks eh?" He mumbled to himself, after this he was ready to simply return to sleep until 6 am then his Xtransciver ring, it was Cheren.

"Hello Cheren!" Said Hilbert trying to be cheerful as he pushed the button to pick up.

"Hi Hilbert!" An enthusiastic voice comes through as the familiar face of his childhood friend appears on screen. "Sorry if I wake you up, I just want to ca-"

"Don't worry about it Cheren, you're one of my best friends I will never ignore a call from you. Not that I would be mad anyways since I'm already awake even before you call" Hilbert decided to cut him off noticing his guilty expression. "So you're coming today, right?" Hilbert try to change the Topic of conversations.

"Yep, me and Bianca will be coming there. We should arrive there by 10 am" Cheren response with a certain tone of cheerfulness that Hilbert never saw during their journey 3 years ago, "boy has he changed...."  Hilbert thought his mind slowly drifting away from Nostalgia.

"Sorry I can't come yesterday, freaking students with their silly little things...." Cheren continue snapping Hilbert out of his nostalgic thoughts.

"It's fine, to be honest I would prefer if you two come today since we could talk freely all day long" Hilbert quickly compose himself to respond to his best friend's statement. "Just careful about the rain here, it doesn't seem like it's going to let up anytime soon"

"Will do, ok I think that's all I want to talk about now, see you later Hilbert!" Said Cheren, hanging up before his friend could response.

Hilbert could only shake his head at his friend current behavior, once again reminiscing his past when Cheren was a cold and calculated man. "Oh Arceus has he changed doesn't he?" He asks himself letting out another sigh as he lay himself on his bed again.

[] [] [] [] [] [] []

World Arena's locker room, 08:50 am

Nate pace back and forward in the locker room the wait to the event' start time of 09:10 couldn't felt any longer, to tell the truth he's nervous. This is the first he will battle in front of a crowd since his resignation and although he has convinced himself that he would get through this with ease, he also still questions whether or not he could still handle a current champion.

At that moment Nate heard footsteps, someone else is entering the room. When Nate turn around and saw a slightly tall for his age, thin young man with black hair which is covered by a white beanie and pale skin. He also wears a black and orange collared short sleeved shirt, orange fingerless gloves with black and green wristbands, a green headband, dark gray slim-fit long pants underneath with black and gray shorts, orange and green slip on running shoes with black soles and white stripes. It's without doubt Brendan Emery, current champion of Hoeen. Brendan turn his head as soon he noticed Nate in the room.

"You must be Nathan Whiteman, Former champion of unova and my opponent for today, right?" Said Brendan.

Nate simply answers with "Yep, that would be me." As the two approaches each other and shake hands.

"You know, I kinda look forward to battling you since we're in many ways are similar......." Nate leans towards the wall as Brendan tells him the short version of his journey saying how similar it is with Nate's journey. ".......So yeah, in many ways we're similar. Except for one thing."