Day 3

On a hotel balcony located not far from the Driftveil world arena Two young men are hunching over the railings, trying to relax in the cool morning air of Driftveil while trying to distance themselves from the thoughts that's keeps them from having enough sleep last night.

One is used to this kind of habit since he's been doing it almost everyday for the last decade, the other not so much. Having settle into a nice comfortable life these episodes of restlessness are far and few in between for him.

"So, I guess this is the first time we've done this together isn't it Red?" Said one of the men looking over to his friend beside him.

"Yep, usually it's just me all alone with you lying still in bed blue" Said the other men, a sarcastic tone can be felt while he said it as he turned his head to look at his friend.

"Hahahaha, things are changing Red, I could tell you that much" Blue response turning back his gaze back towards the view in front of him.

"You sure you don't have something that's plaguing your mind?" Red asked, he's been sensing that his friend has something heavy in his mind for a while now judging by how his behavior has become soft towards him. At first red thought it was just him trying to ease his transition into normal life but by now it's clear that's not the only reason.

"No, nothing really other than wanting to spend time with you. I guess yesterday's black out sort of disturb me but not by that much" Blue quickly response, to tell the truth red is right. There is something plaguing his mind but he knows he can't just spill it out here, after all red have a battle to think about right now. Flooding his thoughts with this is simply not a good idea.

"You sure that's all?" Red sense that Blue is not being honest with him so he decided to pressure him further.

"Well........" Blue paused trying to think of a good excuse so he could red to asking about his feelings, eventually after a few moments of silence he found his 'good excuse'. "I've been thinking about what I'll do if I ended up facing you in the semis"

"Huh? What do you mean?" Red jolt back in surprise at what his friend just said.

"Haven't you paid any attention?" Blue turn his head and smile knowing his reasoning will be good enough to satisfy Red. "The tournament brackets has been designed so that the winner of bracket day 1 and 2 will ended up facing each other in the semis. So, if you win today and I win tomorrow we will meet in the semis". He explained this to red in a way that he hopes would make red think he's saying the truth, even though he isn't.

"Well, that is, interesting" said red tilting his head down, contemplating on what blue just said. He still feels that he's not 100% telling the truth but the thought of battling his friend again for the first time in almost 10 years distract him from his original thought.

"Got him!" Thought Blue, relieve that red accepted his reasoning. Despite this deep down he knows he have to voice his actual thought to red sooner or later, for the moment though he decided to push that aside as Red went back inside to prepare for his second round battle today.

[] [] [] [] [] [] []

World arena main lobby, 08:35 am

The main lobby of the arena should be devoid of any activity right now just like the previous two days, but as the tournament organizer found out after yesterday's festivities the storm has bring more damage to the place than expected.

Water was everywhere in the stadium no one wall hasn't leak from the intensity of the storm, electrical system was also more damage than expected with it just one drop of water away from total failure, making the fact that the power was able to be restored and run to the end of day after the blackout seems more miraculous. Overall it was a mess, and the tournament organizer have to work all night to ensure the tournament could continue safely the next day.