Day 4, Part 2: A Bridging Revelation

Driftveil Drawbridge, 07:45 pm.

From the many beautiful places that has pop up in Driftvel over the past few years The drawbridge is still by far the most scenic and popular beauty spot among the city's residents, every single day there would be many people go there after their daily activities is done for the day to enjoy the view of sunset and the night star to either cool off their minds after a days' worth of hard work or to use the calm surrounding to try and shave off any heavy thoughts. Out of the bunch of people that have gather there this evening, Hilbert is doing the latter option.

Despite of what his on field performances might suggest truth of the matter is, his wild thoughts about regret and forgiveness has made him unable to focus on the goings on of the tournament all week long. He has been trying to do what his mother told him to do yesterday and used the day to relax, with no success.

"Would I ever able to shake these thoughts off? And if I don't, can I still live a normal life?" The former champion mumbled to himself as he looks at his reflection on the water below him. Shaking his head he decides to give up his quest to shake off his guilty feelings and decided that it's time to return to his hotel, he didn't want to wake up late for tomorrow's semi-finals afterall.

But as he was about to leave the bridge, out of the corner of his eyes he saw a blue haired boy approaching him. At first Hilbert didn't know who this boy was, but as he come closer and his features becomes clearer it Dawn on him who this boy was.

"You're Hugh Vallance aren't you?" Hilbert ask as the boy who's by now is right in front of him.

"Yep, the one and only Hugh Vallance, former champion and current movie extraordinaire Nathan Whiteman's best friend since childhood." Hugh stops and shoot Hilbert a smile before taking a place beside him to lean against the railings. "Mind to talk for a little bit?"

"Sure, I can hang around here for a little while longer" The former champion shrugs, leaning back into the railings right next to the blue haired boy. "Nate has told me quite a lot of things about you which includes how you're quite the talker"

"Nate has told me quite a lot about you as well, and well I used to be a loud talker but not anymore.... Anyway, may I ask why you're here and not in your hotel room? You have to prepare for tomorrow don't you?"

"Should I tell him about what's been going in my mind for the past week? Seems kinda risky considering this is our first time meeting each other..." Hilbert thought, looking up at the sky in contemplation. "Then again, he is Nate's best friend. He's probably used to hearing vent out emotions from years of being together with someone like him, seems like a nice guy to talk to as well. He probably already has some idea of my situation from Nate so painting him the full picture wouldn't hurt too much I suppose...."

Little did the former champion know however, the nice looking blue haired boy didn't have any intention to have a nice evening chat with him. He's here to confront the so called 'Hero of ideals' mainly on how he has behaved with uncertainty since he returned, especially when ask about the events that happened during his absent.

A small part of him also wants to lash out at Hilbert for leaving Unova in the first place, but he knows that's not his biggest problem with the former champion anymore and that simply lashing out about that would probably change nothing.

"Let's see..... Will he tell the truth or will he try to lied his way out of this, not that I would care either way since I'm going to give this despicable excuse of a 'hero' a slice of humble pie whether he likes it or not." Hugh thought to himself his eyes fixed on the former champion's face while his mouth twist into a frown and both hands clenched into a fist, a clear sign of the anger building in him.