Chapter 7; Waking Ventus

-Third Person P.O.V-

When King Mickey and Riku left Destiny Islands, the group stayed and prepared to wake up Ventus. "How are we going to get back home, Aqua? Do you still remember how?" Y/n asked the older woman. "Yes, of course. I promised Ven that I would wake him up, I would never forget where I left him." She replied.

Aqua then materialized Eraqus' keyblade. Once it appeared in her hand, she raised it in front of her and Y/n. A portal then appeared in front of them. Y/n's e/c eyes lit up. "This will bring us home?" Aqua nodded, "Yes, but the state the Land of Departure is in right now is very different from the one you lived in. I had to change it to keep Ventus safe, and master told me to when the time comes." She replied.

Y/n sighed, "You'll change it back though, right?" "Of course!" Aqua replied, happily. "Now, go call Sora and the other two for me, please. We have to wake up Ven." She asked the smaller girl. Y/n nodded and ran to get the trio who decided to have a look around Destiny Islands again and take a stroll along the shore.

Y/n spotted them and yelled, waving her hand in the air, "Hey, you guys! Aqua's figured out a way to get to where Ventus is!" Sora pouted but agreed. He wanted to stay in Destiny Islands for a little while longer but he understood that Ventus needed to be saved immediately as time was running out. The final battle was approaching. And they needed their 7 guardians of light.

"How are we getting there?" Sora asked. Y/n smiled, "You'll see. You'll be amazed once you see the Land of Departure. It's the place where I was raised, also where Aqua, Ven, and Terra were training to become keyblade wielders." She told them while leading them to the portal.

They came to a stop. Aqua was standing facing the portal, then turned around to face the group. "Are you ready?" She asked. Y/n, Sora, Donald, and Goofy all looked at each other. Y/n smiled, "Take us to Ventus."

Aqua smiled and gestured at them to follow her into the portal. Y/n felt hesitant again to go through the portal but just remembered that everything went well when she went with Riku. They all walked into the portal leading them to where the land of departure is.

-Y/n's P.O.V-

A bright light surrounded our bodies as we walked through the portal. I squinted my eyes so I could see where I was going. Once the light started to fade away, I opened my eyes and looked ahead of me. I saw a pathway, which I'm guessing, leads us to where Ven is, where my home is.

Aqua gestured at us to follow her, and so we did. We walked our way on the path. I noticed our surroundings; mist around us and several rocks in different shapes and sizes. The sky was also just a deep blue color, no clouds except the mist on the ground, and no sun or moon to be seen.

"You sure about this, Aqua?" I heard Goofy ask her. "If you want, we can take you back to Master Yen Sid's tower to rest with Riku and the king?" Sora followed on. Donald nodded to Sora's question for Aqua.

Aqua shook her head, "No, thank you. But... Ven's expecting me. I promised to wake him." She said, looking at all of us. I saw the sadness, but determination in her eyes. "Said I'd be right back but, I'm not even close. I'm in for an earful." I laughed at her response. "I'm sure Ven will understand," I replied.

We finally came to a stop. In front of us was a castle. "Castle Oblivion?" I mumbled to myself. Aqua stepped ahead of us, examining the castle. "Is this your home?" Sora asked me, "No, don't you know this place?" I asked. He looked at me confused. I forgot Naminé removed his memories of this place to restore his real memories.

"Never mind. I'm just thinking of the wrong person." I said quickly.

-Third Person P.O.V-

We all examined the castle in front of us. Aqua brought her hand up to her chest and shut her eyes. She stood there with her eyes closed and head slightly pointing down. Donald was about to interrupt what she was doing before Goofy quickly put his hand around his mouth to stop him from talking.