Chapter 3 - Hearths Warming Whole

Twilight was very busy over the past three hours, taking small notes on the side for reference. Using what she had she was prepared to make a small timeline of what happened. Staying organized and doing such helped pass the time and relieve stress. She was tired of the boring new castle and really needed to get out. Despite its' large size and rather heavy weight, she'd hauled the TARDIS into a separate room for close and safe keeping.

The long and crystalline halls combined with the lack of other ponies wasn't settling her nerves. Pushing in the chair, she decided that now would be a good time for a break. Hopefully her friends were available to try and hang out with. After all it would be the first time she'd seen them since the battle with Tirek and the new castle. Meanwhile, the TARDIS door creaked open.

A large castle with plenty of room for hiding in. The creature leaked out from the control room and into the sparkling room outside. It's skin was like a vast galaxy of unknowns, shining in small places like stars. The 'creatures' of this world were in primitive in comparison to the organism. It could hide in the shadows and none of them would be the wiser.

When the coast was clear, the thing shifted down the hallways slowly into the lower levels of the structure. The hard part was hiding when more ponies began to move around and renovate the castle. For a very quick second, a yellow and pink pony noticed the creature in a corner.

"Hello?" She called out.

Quickly rushing into the deeper shadows, the creature became unspottable. Seeing nothing solid in the shadows, the pony returned to singing and helping it's cheerful comrades. Sneaking back off and unfolding from the shadows took longer than expected, but at least it had made it to the planned destination.

Now beginning to tire, the sparkling black mass had to rest. It had big plans for the future and it needed all the energy it could get. Inside the creature 's mind were dreams of the past as it slipped gently into slumber. When Twilight returned, she didn't notice it at all.

    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

After the past week Twilight had been avoiding her castle , using every chance she got to stay away from it. But at the pancake social arranged for her friends, they noticed her dilemma. Sending her out for the day, the five of them fixed up the castle to make it more comfortable. It worked rather well to say the least. Each room had a touch of themselves left behind after that day.

The best part was the roots of the Golden Oaks library hanging from the ceiling, draped in crystals containing little images of the past. The castle was finally starting to feel like home for the first time. Looking back at the reading desk she spotted the diary. It was only six o'clock, and she still had some time to spare. Why not, there wouldn't be any harm in continuing on.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Now dressed warmly, the four equines continued on into the painful cold. The Doctor pocketed a handy TARDIS locator just in case they got lost. With the amount of snow coming down it wouldn't be long before the ship started getting buried in the blizzard. Plus that and the fact they would hardly be able to find it through the fog-like effect the falling snow made.

"Now Doctor Foalman, why've you brought us out here? And I believe a better question would be how." Spark asked, voice muffled by a thick scarf.

"Doctor Who?" he replied back in confusion.

Before any more questions could be asked or explanations given, a black clad stallion appeared from the misty white out. In an instant, several carved spears were thrusted into their muzzles.