十一

Outside of the gates of a small house, Jungkook stood outside, getting more soaked in the rain by the second. He dialed the same number for the 8th time in the last five minutes, his hands shaking. When it automatically went to voice mail, he leaned against the gates and slowly slid down until he was sitting on the ground. 

He hadn't brought the keys to the house when he was in a rush to leave the dorms. He though she would have been there to open it for him, and she would understand. He wanted her in his arms, to whisper loving things in her ears, and to be with her for the rest of eternity. In fact, the house he was standing in front of was the house he had bought, the one they would have gone to when they had breaks from promotions, or even just for a night together when things were going rough. They knew the way to this house by heart, as if it was written in ink inside their hearts that could never erase. The house was full of memories and now, even just standing outside, it felt empty. Tear slowly made his way down his cheeks, and he wished that he would have had time to explain what really happened. 

"Jungkook? Your phone is getting a bunch of texts" Hoseok said.

It was almost 9pm, and our dance practice for our next comeback was almost over. It was only a quick review, didn't end as late as normal dance practice would have. Jungkook dragged his feet along to the wall where his phone lay charging. He was waiting to go to the house that none of his members knew about, and wanted to be with the person he loved the most. As he approached the phone, he hoped it would be his one and only love, but to his disappointment it was not.

Lalisa: Jungkook, please

Lalisa: Please just listen to me once

Lalisa: This will be the last time

Lalisa: I beg you 

Kookie: I told you to stop bothering me, what do you want

Kookie: It better not be what I think it is

Lalisa: Can you please just come to the park? The one by your building

Kookie: This better be the last time I hear from you Lisa

"Hyung can I meet someone really quickly?" Jungkook asked Hoseok. He exchanged looks with the dance instructor, who nodded and Hoseok gave his approval, since practice was basically over anyways. 

Jungkook made his way over to the nearby park, occasionally walking in circles, paranoid that crazy fans or paparazzi would follow him and get the wrong idea. He eventually made his way over the the park, where he could spot Lisa, standing alone by a streetlight. 

"What do you want Lisa" he said coldly, leaning his back against the street light. 

Lisa's eyes looked sad as she said, "I know I wasn't the best person when you rejected me last year. I knew I shouldn't have acted that way, and I was really stupid of me. Honestly, I thought that everyone would love me back."

Jungkook's eyes softened, and felt a little bit of pity for Lisa bloom inside of him. She never would have known that he was dating Tzuyu at the time, since they tried extremely hard to make it a secret.

"I'm sorry Lisa, I didn't know that you felt that way at the time, and I'm sorry I rejected you harshly, I just couldn't tell you the truth that I was with someone else" he said.

Lisa's eyes brimmed with tears, as she looked up at Jungkook. She looked like she was about to say something for a moment, before she grabbed the front of his sweatshirt and kissed him quickly on the lips before running away. Jungkook stood back in shock, momentarily not knowing what she just did. As it hits him, he felt incredibly guilty and prayed to God that there were no paparazzi or fans here, or that they would have just gotten bored of them talking.

Jungkook knew he had to tell Tzuyu what had happened honestly and rushed away towards the direction of the house, quickly wiping his lips on the sleeves of his sweatshirt. 

In the middle of a different city, Tzuyu stood by a window, looking out at the city in front of her. She was wearing round glasses, a mask, and a hat to avoid getting caught by anyone. When she saw some of the lights of the buildings glowing against the dark night, she wanted to cry all over again.

She hoped that her members were okay, and reassured herself that they would be fine without her. Without her, Nayeon could be the visual. Mina or Sana could take her lines. Chaeyoung would be the maknae. She didn't need to worry about them. They would do just fine. She knew what she was doing was a little selfish, but everyone would understand. And Jungkook. She wiped her eye for the hundredth time today as she thought about him. He would be fine with Lisa. There were a lot of fans who were supportive of them anyways.

"Plane to Tainan, Taiwan boarding now"

She took one last look at the glimmering city in front her, before she adjusted her mask and boarded the plane.