4

Spencer's pov:
It nearly broke my heart seeing little Mariella cry her eyes out in fright.

Flashback:
Putting the phone away again after talking to Morgan. Smiling to myself that he was worried about me, I know that's not nice but that shows that he does care for me. At least a little. I will never be as important as all those eye candy's he had as his girlfriends. Sometimes I think it would be better for me to leave the team. It's just to hard to be around him, knowing he will never feel the same for me as I for him. But this team is my family, so leaving isn't the answer. How could I be that dump? Falling in love with the straightest guy there is on this whole planet. Not only is he straight but also my coworker and best friend.
A loud crash pulled me out of my inner rant. Taking my gun that I learned to always bring with me and quietly leave the room. Hearing some fighting sounds coming from Rossi's room and some heavy footsteps from Mariella's. Deciding to first go to look for the small girl before looking for her dad. Her suddenly cry's for help only spurs me on to act quickly. Opening the door, I see a guy dressed in black grabbing her harshly by her tiny arm. The sheer panic and fright in her eyes was the last straw. Lifting my gun, shoting him in the leg without hesitation. He shouts out in pain and let's go of the small girl, who immediately runs to me. Tears streaming down her cheeks. I quickly handcuff the guy to her bedframe and whisper to her to stay close by me. Taking one of her shaking hand and together we make our way to Rossi's bedroom. This time it is oddly quiet there. I don't know if I really should take her with me in there. on the other hand, letting her stay out alone would be a horrible idea. Making up my mind, to take her with me but before I open his door I smile reassuringly at the frightened child.
„Sweetheart, please look at me." i whisper to her since she was only looking at the floor.
„I promise I will protect you! Just stay close by my side and nothing will happen to you!" I tell her honestly. Because no one will lay a damn finger on her as long as I am able to breath! She seems to think for a bit and then pokes her pinky at me. Softly I lay my pinky around hers, that seems to seal the deal because she squares her tiny shoulders and steps even closer to my side. With one last nod her way, I push the door open. The whole room looks like a mess, everything was turned over, blood drops cover the floor towards the window. In one corner lays a unconscious Rossi, a cut on the side of his face by the look of the blood that runs down his cheek. Cautiously I make my way towards him, Mariella slightly behind me, so I could shield her from any surprise attack.
„Daddy?" her small Voice suddenly rings through the silent room when we were right next to him. Kneeling down next to him to see how badly he got injured. Luckily it doesn't look to bad.
„Don't worry sweetheart, daddy is going to be fine. We are going to call a friend of mine. I am sure your daddy is only resting a bit after fighting the bad guys." I say in the hope to comfort her a bit. She already was frightened enough as it is. Taking Rossi's phone that was laying right beside his still form and call Hotch.
„I hope someone is dying Rossi! Otherwise you are fired!" he angrily says after picking up the phone.
„Hotch, you need to come to Rossi's house immediately! And bring an ambulance!" I tell him, not wanting to go into any detail over the phone, I end the call right afterwards. Softly I lift Mariella in my arms and softly start to sing a song my mum used to sing for me when I was ill or sad. Her hiccups slowly subside before they stop all together, softly I look down at her now sleeping form. She is such a sweetheart, why would anyone want to hurt or kidnap her? Seeing the bruises on her arms make me really angry at that asshole!
Hearing someone hurriedly running up the steps, I went right back into high alert. But when I see Hotch appearing on the top floor a sigh in relief. The worry on his face is obvious, that is before he sees the little girl in my arms.
„I also only know he has a daughter for a few hours. Someone tried to kidnap her, Rossi got hurt while he tried to fight them. He is unconscious." I tell him hurriedly, knowing him he would of demand answers and might have woken up Mariella in the process. Seeing his face soften when he get a good look of the little one in my arms.
„You can get here now." he says towards the staircase where immediately 3 paramedics appear out of nowhere.

Getting thrown out of my memory from small fingers pinching my cheek combined with laughter.
„Pwetty Boy!" she chants.
„Hello sweetheart. Have you been up for long?" I ask her while rubbing my eyes to wake myself up some more.
„I is up! Pwetty Boy up to!" she says with a soft giggle. Looking around the room I see the rest of the team chuckle at us.
„We were discussing the plan to catch the bad guys while you two were sleeping. So I hope you are going to be fine with our decision." Hotch tells me with a small smirk. Ok?
„I am fine with whatever as long as this little cutie is going to be safe!" I answer him and tickle said cutie.
„That's awesome Spencer!" emily says enthusiastically. Did I miss something? Why are they looking so mischievously?
„Since Rossi demanded that he would help catch them, we decided that you should be the one taking care of Mariella." Hotch again says with his signature smirk.
„Thats fine with me!" i say smiling widely at the small girl happily playing with my fingers.
„Oh, I hadn't quit finished but that's great. Everybody let's get on with the case!" he says and everyone leaves the room. Everyone except Morgan and Rossi who is currently saying goodbye to his daughter.
„You be Good for them! And stay safe baby girl! Daddy has to leave and catch those bad guys for hurting and scaring my baby!" He tells her hugging her tightly and kissing her a few times before waving and leaving.
„Aren't you going with them?" I ask Morgan since he hadn't moved from his seat next to me.
„Nope! Till they catch them, i am staying with the both of you!" he answers happily. Did I just hear that correctly?
„Yeh!!! Me, Pwetty Boy and Mogen!!" Mariella shouts happily.