5

Derek's pov:
After the rest of the team had left and the three of us were left behind, I announced that we should stay at my home. It is bigger than Spencer's apartment and since he was there while they tried to kidnap the small cutie, they might already know his address. The door suddenly gets thrown open by an extrem giddy Garcia.
„Where is the little one?" she demands an answer from Spencer and me, while said little one hides behind Spencer a bit frightened.
„Baby Girl relax! You are scaring her." I tell her with a slight shake of my head.
„I is no scawing anyone." Mariella says with questioning eyes and furrowed brows. Spencer chuckle irritates me even more. Why did she think i meant her and why does he find that funny?
„Sweetheart, Morgan didn't meant you. See the pretty girl over there? He calls her baby girl also. Just like your daddy calls you Baby Girl." Spencer explains to her, scooping her into his arms with a soft smile. Mariella looks at Garcia with wonder, tilting her head a bit to the side.
„Mogen is her daddy?" she innocently asks him. That made us all start to laugh hysterically, Spencer even has tears rolling down his cheeks.
„No sweety, the two of us are just really good friends." I try to explain to her.
„I just give people I really like and care for monickers." I add with a smile when I see the realization form on her face.
„Like pwetty boy?" she questions again with a slightly tilted head which makes her look so much like Spencer.
„Exactly! Like pretty boy and sweety." I answer her, seeing Spencer blush brightly at my statement.
„It is really nice to meet you young lady!" Garcia says with a huge smile on her face.
„I can't believe your daddy kept you hidden from us!" she says and softly tickles her side. Her small giggles immediately fill the room and make my heart melt into a puddle at how cute she is.
„I am afraid we have to leave for Morgan's house Garcia. That little princess here need to get some food in her belly." Spencer apologizingly tells Garcia. Mariella tummy however starts growling as if agreeing with his statement.
„That's fine. Make sure you guys stay safe and look after her. Oh, and I demand you guys come and visit me tomorrow!!" she says before she allowed us to leave. Of course after she made sure we promised her to stop by with little Mariella. The three of us start to head for the elevator, firstly stopping at Spencer's desk to get his go-bag. Spencer let Mariella press the buttons who of course smiles proudly at us for pressing the right ones.
„What do you want to eat sweetheart?" he ask her, while putting her in the car seat. He also made sure it wasn't put on to tightly but nether to loosely. It is incredibly how good he is with all that stuff and how easy it looks when he is the one doing it. I don't even know if I would of been able to put the seatbelt on her correctly, while he does it with a huge smile in place and sure movements.
When we arrive in front of my place, he opened her car door and pulls her out of the car. I don't know if I ever saw him this happy ever before. Don't get me wrong, he is a quit happy person and all. But ever since she came into the conference room hours before, he hasn't stopped smiling. He also seems really comfortable around her. However thinking back now, he always seemed really comfortable around any kids. And all kids always take an immediate liking towards him.
Slowly we make our way towards the frontdoor, quickly unlocking it. Spencer with Mariella in his arms went right towards the kitchen. Softly I smile after them, maybe one day, he would be doing that with our child. Firstly however i need to grow up and ask him out on a date and confess my feelings to him.
„Morgan, are you fine with mac and cheese with some sausages?" he shouts from the kitchen. Shaking my head at myself and join them there.
„Sounds good, do you know how to cook it?" I ask him, knowing fully well that he is a really good cook.
„Are you seriously doubting my cooking skills? After all the meals I cooked for the both of us?" he ask me in disbelief. Chuckling at his face.
„You are right pretty boy! I am sorry!" I answer him, lifting my hands up in surrender.
„That's what i thought!" he huffs.
„Why don't you show little Mariella around so she can get familiar with the house?" he adds after a short pause.
„I don't wanna leave Encer!" She shouts in fright. Her eyes already tearing up in panic.
„Hey, sweetheart! It's ok, you aren't leaving! The three of us stay together till daddy and the rest catch the bad guys." Spencer immediately starts to sooth her. Hugging her tightly to his chest and softly rubbing her back. Slowly I pull my arms around the both of them, not knowing what else to do. Her crying is heartbreaking! It took us nearly 20 minutes to completely soothe her. She however still won't let go of Spencer, her tiny fingers clutch his shirt tightly.
„How about we Cook together? All three of us?" I ask her softly, hoping that would help her relax again. She seemed to think it trough before nodding her head in agreement. Sighing in relief, I kiss her and Spencer's forehead without thinking. He of course immediately blush's which makes me smile at him. Maybe this whole protecting little Mariella could also help me winning Spencer's heart. Pulling out everything that we are going to need for our homemade Mac and cheese, while hearing the two start to happily chat again.
„How could I help?" I ask after everything was out on the counter.
„I think it's best if you let us handle the kitchen." Spencer says with slightly wide eyes.
„What? Why am I not allowed to help?" I question him a bit hurt at his brush off.
„Don't you remember the last time you tried to help cooking?" he questions back instead of answering me first. However I understand his earlier frightened face now. Last time I tried to help I nearly destroyed his whole kitchen. I guess I am not really a good cook, maybe you could even say I can't cook at all...
„Ok. Point taken." I answer slightly bowing my head a bit ashamed at my worse cooking skills.
„Hey, don't be that way! You can't be awesome in everything!" Spencer says softly. Deciding to take a seat on the breakfast bar, so I could still talk to them while they prepare the food.
It doesn't take him that long to finish the food, I am sure he even would of been faster if Mariella wouldn't of liked to help.
The Mac and cheese tasted amazing! The whole dinner we talked about the last couple of days and everything that came to Mariellas mind. It may sounds crazy, but it feels like we are an actual family. After we finished eating, Spencer decided to help Mariella take her bath, while I start to clean up the kitchen again. We finished kind of at the same time since they enter the kitchen the moment I put the last plate away.
„I guess it's time for the little cutie to go to sleep." Spencer tells her softly since she kept on yawning in his arms.
„You guys can take my room, I take the guest room." I tell them with a small smile. It's unbelievable how much those two look and act alike. If I wouldn't know, I would think little Mariella is his daughter not Rossi's.
„Are you Sure? We could take the guest room also." Spencer asks me unsure.
„My room has the bigger bed and I want you two to be comfortable. So you take my room!" I answer him with a smile. He stares me in the eyes for quite some time before nodding.
„thank you derek!" he answers and shyly kisses my cheek. I watch them leave for my room with a huge smile, feeling like a schoolboy while softly reaching for the spot he just had his lips on. Again shaking my head at myself and went to go to sleep myself. Huge smile still in place.