𝐎𝐍𝐄 - 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐎𝐔𝐓.

I just wanted to say that not everything in this book will happen exactly like it did on the show, nor will it happen in the same order/timeline.

This is a fictional book, so I'll be bending some of the characters personalities where I see fit, adding an extra spin on some things, and making conflict between people that didn't really happen on the show. And some of the things that happened on the show just won't be taking place in this book at all.

With that being said, please don't come for me saying how something isn't accurate, like their ages, or a specific event that took place. For the sake of my plot, nothing will be 100% accurate.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

❛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴜsᴛ ʙᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀɴɢᴇʀ sᴛᴀɢᴇ. ❜

OMNISCIENT─── ・ 。゚☆: *

OMNISCIENT
─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

For it to be January, it was a pretty hot day in California. Ruby, whom was fresh out of the hospital, laid stiffly in bed, staring up at the ceiling with wide unblinking eyes. He messed with the cast on his arm as sweat trickled down his tan skin. He couldn't tell if it was just that hot outside, or if it was his bad dream that had him sweating so profusely, the fan that was standing in the corner of his room blowing cool air clearly being no use.

Today was Ruby's first day out of the hospital. He spent a whole month in there after getting shot and almost dying in a gang related shooting, and now that he was out, all he wanted to do was mope around and be sad all day. After coming so close to death, most people would be happy that they were lucky enough to get a second chance at life, but not him. Ruby wasn't good at dealing with change, and to say the least, things definitely hadn't been the same after losing the fifth member of the crew. Plus, Olivia was basically like family to him, and now nothing would ever be the same again, and he knew it. The others did too, but it was easier to pretend that things would be okay when you weren't directly affected by the tragedy.

Even being home made Ruby feel uncomfortable, as almost everything around reminded him of Olivia. He couldn't even be alone in his own room anymore, just because it was one of the places where Olivia spent some of her last moments, which explains why he was back sleeping in the twins room. He couldn't even go into the kitchen because the refrigerator was plastered with so many pictures Olivia, or simply walk through his house without hearing her cute laugh in the distance, bombarded with memories he didn't even know existed as he passed specific spots in his house. Everything was such a constant reminder of her, even himself. He had her blood all over him-literally and figuratively.