Gatsby | Marvel

"Do you know why they call him Gatsby?"

"Why?"

"Because nobody knows anything about him. Absolutely nothing. It's like he doesn't even exist."

James "Gatsby"  Flynn was a man with unknown past

James "Gatsby"  Flynn was a man with unknown past. He stepped into the army with secrets so deep they made him drown. Gatsby was a veteran after being held hostage in Afghanistan for six months. He had been silent about his past before war, but after the war he was a completely different person.

Having been declared mentally unstable, Gatsby was sent home to New York. 

A man with no purpose is a lost man. 

Living in the cheapest corner apartment with nobody else but his dying sunflower to offer him company, Gatsby must find a way out of his maze of a mind. Visiting a psychologist once a week and working daily  in a corner tool store was not enough for the haunted veteran. Feeling like used goods, rotten and useless, Gatsby was going to find a new purpose. 

He was no good with people, not talking to them that is. Filled with angst and loneliness, Gatsby became something else, someone else. 

Nothing was same after Afghanistan. They did something to him, something he would wish to nobody. 

Through blood and pain he was given powers one could only dream of. 

To find his way again, he became the vigilante in the night, avenging the poor, the forgotten and the lost. Using only his own judgment, Gatsby soon caught the eye of Nicholas J. Fury himself. 

For the first time in S.H.I.E.L.D's history, Fury sent his agents after a man whose file was blank of any information. On the first page of the file was only one haunting word. 

Gatsby

*He had a wife and a kid, he was very young when he got a child (I mean college young) but they died in Alien Invasion (if you think it's too cliche, you can find something else)

* He is related to Bucky Barnes (Gatsby's grandmother was Bucky's sister, Rebecca Barnes)

* I chose Mendes as faceclaim because he just seemed to fit the role.

*his so called power is inflicting such pain upon someone with simply just whispering the word pain. He can actually manipulate people with all sorts of words, but he doesn't know about it until he is ready to move on and actually trust people enough to tell them to relax.

*It could be very interesting, because the people who kidnapped him could want him back, like Hydra wanted Bucky, they want their own soldier. 

 *he could be Wanda's love interest