Part:6

He came home and freshened up. He had his dinner with his family in between small usual talks.

After that, he came to his room and thought to call it night. It was an emotionally exhausting day for him.

But he couldn't sleep, whenever he tried to close his eyes a pair of helpless eyes would look at him pleadingly. After tossing and turning thousands of times he came out of the room.

He was walking on the lawn for almost half an hour but he wasn't getting any peace. But accepting the proposal wouldn't bring him peace either. She wasn't the type of girl he wanted as a life partner. He knew their class difference would bring a huge difference in their opinion.

"Zaidan, what's bothering you?" He heard his Baba's concerned voice whilst he was busy making points that his decision was a good one.

"Nothing baba, I'm fine." He said, smiling a little to ease his concern.

"I'm your father and I very well know that your 'nothing' is something important." Zeeshan Siddiqui said, giving him the look that says 'don't fool me around'.

He sighed and explained everything to him.

"Zaidan, if your decision is not giving you peace then it certainly cannot be a good decision," Zeeshan said, thoughtfully.

"But baba, she isn't the girl I would choose to marry. I told you how mannerless she is." He took an exasperated breath whilst running his hands through his hair.

"Love and care can melt even the hardest of the stone and she is just a little girl who was never taught the difference between good and bad, and nobody is perfect," Zeeshan said patting his shoulder.

"But baba........ "

"No ifs and buts Zaidan. You are a grown-up man. You should know what is wrong and what's right. And letting down someone's hope isn't right at all. If you have an upper hand now then be humble and helpful because life is very wicked and can anytime turn the game." Baba said sternly.

"Baba, what about khala(mother's sister)? " He put forward another reason for his hesitation.

"Do you like Salwa? If that's the case then I won't suggest anything to you anything." Zeeshan looked at him, searching his face.

"No baba, there's nothing like that." He hurriedly denied any speculation of his father.

"Then it's fine. We haven't asked for Salwa's hand yet, so it's not a problem." He said and patted Zaidan's head before going inside.

He sighed.

"It's very nerve-wracking to think of her as a life partner." He soliloquized thinking about their both encounters.

He would live his life with that spoilt brat but he wouldn't be able to live his life knowing certain helpless eyes chasing his consciousness.

Hence, the decision was made. He hoped that it would turn out to be good for everyone.

******