12

"So is that exactly what you remember Laury?" Jonathan didn't have it in him to pretend that he understood.

He has been silent for a while. Waiting for her to ask questions but he realized she didn't even know the right questions to ask.

Neither did he.

Laura glanced at the doctor from under her lashes, he stared at her heatedly. It felt like a contest but he looked lost and awkward, at least that's what the weird tapping of his foot told her. She really didn't understand much. The headache, strange faces, her feelings and her inner thoughts were strange to her.

She felt like she knew herself but she didn't quite know who she was exactly.

Yeah! She definitely sounded like a fool.

"Yes and no. I do remember alot of things but I just have this nagging feeling that I'm forgetting something. It's almost like a silly headache. Probably that's why I have this awful pains in my head."

"How's the pains by the way? I'm sorry I wasn't fast enough to sav.."

He couldn't tell her that, at least not yet. What the hell is wrong with him? He needs to understand that she needed time and care. Not more complicated thoughts. He needs to be patient. The last thing he wanted was to see her in more pain.  Jonathan cautioned himself inwardly.

"What were you going to say?" Laura quizzed him, she yearned for an answer.

"Nothing, it's fine." He assured.

"Alot of people do that, you know, at least around me. They start talking and just stop like they were in an accident." She tried to make a joke but his stiff expression told her she was bad at jokes.

Her last statement sent a chill through Jonathan's heart but he knew she was joking. By the time he brought himself to smile, she probably thought he was an asshole.

Meanwhile as these two lovers, with different patterns of emotions, hustled to fathom what they felt.

There was another ponder walking down the hallway alongside two security guards and the head psychologist of Evergreen hospital.

Kelechi Obi trusted herself to be over her - very own obsession - ex-boyfriend, Jonathan or Jonny baby as she used to call him back then.

She wasn't here out of pity or condolences. Apparently that sneaky, hot son of a bitch had his way. She wished he had called or begged but he didn't, instead she did. Her newly founded company needed to go fully public but could only do so by proving their worth to the board. So when she received a call from medical administration and insurance that she had to this or her whole company will be plugged down the drain. She damn right accepted but she hated it. She hated him.

She wanted him. Even after being married with three children, she still wanted that body on hers.

Withstanding her very strong aversion and extreme wishes, Kelechi was prepared to do everything in her power to help Laura Chidi get better. Her future and pride depended on it.

She was planned to make the bitch pay though, but first things first.

"I wanted to tell you before but umm..we are going to have some company."

Laury didn't understand the doctor's words but the next three seconds explained them to her.

Four people came into the room. First her best friend and psychologist, Louisa, then two body guards that Dr. Jonathan stoop up to speak to in a hushed tone. Then a fair, pretty lady came in. She was tall but that was proven false by the extra long and tiny heels. She had a slim face that held no smile or expression. You would expect her physique to be in a mild shape rather she was chubby but dressed elegantly that it was hard to notice how fleshy she is. Bottom line, Laura didn't like the fair, chubby lady especially since she hasn't taken away her sight from the nice doctor since she stepped inside.