Chapter One : Coffee

Thomas's POV

"For the last time I'm not a furry!" I shout then clear my throat as people around the cafè start to give me weird looks. "Ok Thomas you win." Ryan, my partner chuckles.
"Thank you, you know I don't like being made fun of because of my species."
"I wasn't making fun of you, I wish I was a furry- I mean an anthropomorphic animal."

"Oh you mean you want endless discrimination and you want to know why you were so unlucky to be turned into one?" I mumble

" I'm sorry" He says putting his hand on my shoulder."let's get our coffee and carry on our shift, shall we?"

"Sure and I'll go get it." I say, standing up

"You sure?" Ryan says, concerned

"yeah yeah don't you worry about me." I say not looking at him, walking to the counter. As I go there a family walks past me at an alarming pace in the opposite direction, "Is everything ok sir?"

"Just fine Constable" the father I presumed said, nodding and smiling at me whilst the mother gave me a weak smile with a hint of fear in it. I smiled and tipped my hat in response. Their kids were hiding behind their parents because.. because of me. I shouldn't get so upset from it because that's life , certain people are afraid of different things I suppose and apparently some are afraid of anthropomorphic animals such as myself. I've just got to never let them see that they get to me. I arrive at the counter with a big smile on my face. "Hello Sir what can I get you today?" The person behind the counter says, not looking at me. Is she scared of me as well?

"Good morning Madam, just two instant coffees please, to go." I say in a very cheerful manner

"Very well Sir" She goes and makes the coffees, a couple of minutes later she comes back to the counter with two very hot cups of instant coffees. She looks at me and smiles very warmly, winking at me and then she says "Enjoy the rest of your day Officer."

"And you Madam" I say with a genuine smile. I walk back to Ryan but with a bit of a spring in my step "you seem happy all of a sudden" he says, noticing the sudden change in walk.

"Yeah well just looking forward to see what the day brings" I chirp. I hand him his beverage.

"Hopefully not much. I just want to get paid for doing nothing." He mumbles.

I chuckle as I sip my coffee "don't we all?" I stare out of the window, rain sliding down it. People were trying to get to some dry place from the rain. I mean it's just rain, it can't kill you... I think

A/N
Hello everybody long time, as promised here is the first chapter of this story!! A bit short but I wanted to get it out there. Enjoy.